Have you worked for a food service company?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by slim66, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCWBanks2384

TCWBanks2384 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yea I work for Sysco, and theyre a union company here in the southwest. Not too sure about elsewhere. Delivering food is very physically demanding, I used to deliver beverage and I agree with the earlier post, stating that food is easier in comparison to delivering beverage. However, like MDK24 I do clear $70k/yr, but i earn every penny. However the earlier post said something about $36/yr unloading 40k lbs in a day? Thats exhaggerated in both directions. 1200 cases out of a 48' trailer weighed just over 20k lbs two days ago, and I make double the pay...when times get rough I remind myself that some family man got laid off yesterday, another man will be laid off today, and another tomorrow. Theres a lot of money deliveing food. just my two cents

zero5 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    I did driver helper assignments for reinhart food service in springfield mo. For some reason they use edumacated people who sit on thier brains and figure the estimated run times, drive times and like that. In a perfect world these times would work. In real life they dont. On one trip the driver and myself were in the Branson area to service several resaurants. four or five of which were all at the Grand Country Plaza ( i think that was what its called) any hoo we were at grand country then to another place a few blocks away ad back to grand country and to another place at the Branson Landing, to the grand county and we went back and fourth to grand country over and over again. Two of these grand country places were at the SAME DOCK. This is not necesasarily the norm for all food service carriers. Then you have to deal with the resaurant managers. At the location we were at on the Branson landing we were servicing aBar-B-q place and we had like 250+ pieces most of which were 70 lb cases of slabs of ribs or briskets. between dolly cart runs into the facilty the manager seemed to have been creatively thinking of a new complaint for us.

I couyld go on for hours talking about my limited experiences with a food service carrier. Its work and its good if you really really need it but it wouldnt be my 1st choice.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Food service & beverage service can wear your back out in a very few years, even using the proper lifting techniques and wearing the protective belt for the back. The money is very good, but the price in the long run is back problems.

5. pick

pick Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2011
    the desert North of Ellay
    I don't know about back issues - all the injuries I saw were blown out knees from running 300-400 lbs down the ramp a million times a shift - that and bad wrists and elbows like my own injuries from touching the cases 3x just to get them off the truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.