Haz-Mat help

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Bjones1993, May 26, 2019.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Here in Georgia you have to pass the background check before they will even let you take the test. Might want to check if that's the case in your state before you go stand in line at the DMV.

ChicagoJohn and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Scroll to the top of this page and click on ""CDL Practice Tests" then memorize as much as you can. The test is easy to pass.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  4. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Same here in Texas. You have to go to DL Office to get the info about where to go to submit your fingerprints. You can't take the test until you submit your prints and pass the background check.

Bjones1993 Thanks this.
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Go to a dps DL center and pick up a cdl book to study. Read the hazmat section twic . Then once more in the car right b4 u go in to take the test. The test will ask yo 8 to 12 questions over and over in different way each time.

Once passed it will be kept on file for 2yrs if I remember correctly. This is while you wait on the results of your background check. Once your clear you will be updated. And you can go pick up a paper copy of new cdl good for 14 days. Then your hard copy will come in the mail.

Bjones1993 and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    In Michigan you can take the tests 1x everyday until you pass it

7. frmtxsu

frmtxsu Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2019
    Houston, TX
    False

8. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    That is how they do it in my local office which is the Texas DPS Driver’s License Office. I have noticed some things are handled differently in other offices though. Maybe this is one of those things. Just iterating my experience. My initial X endorsement was done in 2008 and renewed twice since then......this last time I didn’t even have to take the test! It depends on the office and the clerk......??

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Here in Cali, it’s a must to take the Hazmat every 5 years at renewal regardless if you had no moving violations, but if you had any moving violations then you will be taking all of them.
    TBH, I don’t even use nor need my Hazmat. I take it for a challenge. Besides, you never know..... an opportunity might come my way. And I will be prepared. I carry all my endorsements for commercial, with the exception of a 2 wheel and passenger bus.

Makeajump Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    We have to take the test every time we renew too.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  11. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    We retake it every time in IL also. Study the class 1 questions multiple times. Those always get me. I've never hauled them, so I don't always remember the regs. Also in IL the test stops after to get enough answers correct. We don't believe in overachieving.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.