HazMat Endorsement

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RobbieLou91, Jun 18, 2024.

1. RobbieLou91

RobbieLou91 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2024
    I’ve been wanting to get my endorsement for HazMat. I’ve read the list of disqualifications but I have a warrant out of Kansas that is several years old. Is that going to prevent me from the background? Yes I know pay it off. But I can’t get ahold of them and have sent multiple emails and phone calls but no responses over the years. I’m just curious before I make the jump.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    • Disqualifying Offenses
      A person will be disqualified if he or she is wanted or under indictment in any civilian …

nextgentrucker and TX2Day Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply for hazmat endorsement and find out. That's what I would do.

nextgentrucker and RobbieLou91 Thank this.
  5. RobbieLou91

Jun 18, 2024
    I was going to. I just didn’t know if anyone had the experience of going through this. Worst they can say is denied until I get it paid.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Unless that warrant is now criminal charge.

TX2Day Thanks this.
  7. RobbieLou91

Jun 18, 2024
    No it’s over a traffic stop. And read the TSA site and what the disqualifications are as Chinatown posted above but it states felonies.

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

You should be good to pass a TSA background check. The only crimes considered for TSA are those below.

Just having a warrant IS NOT disqualifying.

Permanent (forever) Disqualifications
    • Espionage or conspiracy to commit espionage.
    • Sedition or conspiracy to commit sedition.
    • Treason or conspiracy to commit treason.
    • A federal crime of terrorism as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2332b(g), or comparable State law, or conspiracy to commit such crime.
    • A crime involving a TSI (transportation security incident). Note: A transportation security incident is a security incident resulting in a significant loss of life, environmental damage, transportation system disruption, or economic disruption in a particular area, as defined in 46 U.S.C. 70101. The term “economic disruption” does not include a work stoppage or other employee-related action not related to terrorism and resulting from an employer-employee dispute.
    • Improper transportation of a hazardous material under 49 U.S.C. 5124 or a comparable state law.
    • Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, manufacture, purchase, receipt, transfer, shipping, transporting, import, export, storage of, or dealing in an explosive or explosive device. An explosive or explosive device includes an explosive or explosive material as defined in 18 U.S.C. 232(5), 841(c) through 841(f), and 844(j); and a destructive device, as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(4) and 26 U.S.C. 5845(f).
    • Murder.
    Interim (7 years) Disqualification
    • Unlawful possession, use, sale, manufacture, purchase, distribution, receipt, transfer, shipping, transporting, delivery, import, export of, or dealing in a firearm or other weapon. A firearm or other weapon includes, but is not limited to, firearms as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(3) or 26 U.S.C. 5 845(a), or items contained on the U.S. Munitions Import List at 27 CFR 447.21.
    • Extortion.
    • Dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation, including identity fraud and money laundering, where the money laundering is related to a crime listed in Parts A or B (except welfare fraud and passing bad checks).
    • Bribery.
    • Smuggling.
    • Immigration violations.
    • Distribution, possession w/ intent to distribute, or importation of a controlled substance.
    • Arson.
    • Kidnapping or hostage taking.
    • Rape or aggravated sexual abuse.
    • Assault with intent to kill.
    • Robbery.
    • Fraudulent entry into a seaport as described in 18 U.S.C. 1036, or a comparable State law.
    • Violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act under 18 U.S.C. 1961, et seq., or a comparable state law, other than any permanently disqualifying offenses.
    • Voluntary manslaughter.
    • Conspiracy or attempt to commit crimes in this section.
    If you have a warrant or indictment for any of the crimes listed above you have to get that cleared up to get past the TSA.

9. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Well I can tell you (from living here) ks don't forget stuff like that and it'll still be there IF they do check on it. And seeing how you gotta get fingerprinted and those go thru the fbi (or used to anyways) and you gotta pay $20 (used to be, prolly higher now) you'll be out the money the unless your company is going to pay. I would definitely get on the internet and get in touch with ks, they will respond to you, and for hazmat you definitely want your background clean as a whistle. You can easily check your dl number on most of their websites and will inform you if it's being reported and if so - how much to pay to clear it.
    Pay a Ticket or Check License | Kansas Highway Patrol, KS

10. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Plus the fact that IF you get pulled over for any reason and they run your license, with an outstanding warrant it's gonna be - vehicle impounded and straight to jail, tell it to the judge. So if it was me, I'd definitely get that cleared up. KS don't play, and they DON'T have a sense of humour

tscottme Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If only there was a box people could use to search the internet

TSA + HazMat + Disqualifying Offenses
    https://gprivate.com/6bsz7

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.