Hazmat environmental, any current information on them?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Buffalonytrucker92, Apr 29, 2019.

1. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    That’s way better than the plans the driver here in Michigan told me about.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sabresfan 76

sabresfan 76 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2019
    Plans may vary by location. I only know what plans are offered through the exchange at my location.

mitrucker and Buffalonytrucker92 Thank this.
  4. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    HEG took over alot of Dupont work from sentinel and has entered a few different areas. Dupont is there largest customer but they have other acts. The pay depends on what yard you are out of. And how long you stay out on the road. I hear John B. Is abt to take over Rick W. Position. I hope it goes well cause that guy is a plus piece of work.

Buffalonytrucker92 Thanks this.
  5. Buffalonytrucker92

Buffalonytrucker92 Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    Well I've been going back and forth talking to the hiring manager, and it seems $70,000 is the least amount drivers are making there. Which is a great sign.

I was given a typical out and back route pay sheet and working 23 hours. The route paid $650. I think I just have the nervousness of switching jobs then it not being as good as advertised.

sabresfan 76 Thanks this.
  6. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    What can you guys tell us about the OTR trucks? Sleeper size/storage, fridges, apus, governed speed, etc?

7. sabresfan 76

Apr 29, 2019
    Newer trucks have everything as well as the older ones. Newer trucks which is what is being updated across the board have the pull out drawer refrigerators in them. All trucks have apu's. Mine can run a 700 watt microwave. We have ac/heat without having to idle the truck. Storage is definitely better in the new trucks. Nice closet and the trucks unfortunately are governed at 65.

8. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    How ar

How are they when you first start worki for them? They advertise $110,000 a year. What do I have to do to make that.

9. sabresfan 76

Apr 29, 2019
    I'll make 80k or so and not really try. I don't tell them I wanna run hard cause I honestly don't anymore if that helps. I average 2 nights out a week usually. Sometimes 3 but that's on a busy week. Tell them how you like to run and they do their best to accommodate. Sometimes you gotta run what's on the table cause that's what's there and has to be covered.

10. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

Are you out of Buffalo NY? That's where I'm going to apply. Their like five minutes away from me. I'm 26 and just want to make as much money as I can. I appreciate everything your telling me.

11. sabresfan 76

Apr 29, 2019
    Yes. It's a good job for Buffalo. It's a learning curve if you've never done tanker before but nothing that anyone can't learn. You just gotta pay attention to what your doing and just take the few seconds to double check.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.