Hazmat load

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Newdriver77, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Newdriver77

Newdriver77 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2018
    I fall within the 100 air mile radius rule, and never leave my home state. I haul a tanker that is placarded. Do I need to fill out a log every day because of the hazardous material? Thanks for the help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No.

Hazmat doesn’t trigger the need to do a log. Only time or distance does that.

Newdriver77 Thanks this.
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    @MACK E-6 is correct on the logging rule. I just want to add something that gets lost with these kinds of questions. Make sure you are in compliance with YOUR EMPLOYER's requirements. I know a carrier that mostly stays inside this 100 mile circle. However they want ALL their drivers to log because they do enough business outside the circle that they have installed the elogs. Always check with safety about HOS questions.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Newdriver77 and tscottme Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

No special logging requirements for HazMat. 100 air mile rule also DOES NOT require you to stay within a state. State borders are irrelevant for the FMCSA rule. Some states have rules for within state and across state rules. MOST drivers think crossing a state border violates the 100 are mile rule. It does not and has not for a very long time maybe 20 years, if that.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I cross into Delaware frequently, and never get asked for a log on that basis.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.