Headache Rack Mounting

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by jb616, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    No crap brotha, being a construction company I figure they'll haul all kinds of junk that will beat up that nice new pretty aluminum step.

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Heh, anything that fits on it and a few things that don't.

dieselgrl and Mommas_money_maker Thank this.
  4. dieselgrl

dieselgrl Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Oh God we think the same. I had a driver ask me "wow, look at all the FLATBEDS, what do all you haul on them there FLATbeds???" Me: "Freight" :biggrin_2554:

5. Logan76

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    buncha smartasses... ;)

Mommas_money_maker and dieselgrl Thank this.
  6. jb616

jb616 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    lol you guys are good.

Logan, we haul anything from 1500' spools of steel cable, corrugated steel decking pans, steel members, 5'x5' bins filled with steel cable chokers, chains, snatch blocks, various rigging equipment, etc., skid steers, our telehandler, anything else we could ever use. nothing is of major size.

we have other pieces of equipment that have pintle hitches so thats what took the delay of me getting the truck since the pintle had to get installed as an extra.

7. Logan76

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    That's smart having a pintle hitch installed so that you can pull those smaller trailers around also, my buddy has one on his daycab and it comes in handy alot.

8. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    An "old school fix" concerning rotators and light bars:

Back in the day I had a problem with lightbars drawing so much continuous power that they tended to burn out/melt the little dash on/off switches. Fixed it by wiring them up like you do with aircraft landing lights (draw a helluva lot of power). Rigged up a relay switch in the hot wire to the light and used the dash switch to trip the relay on/off. Same way your starter/ignition switch works.

Might be overkill on today's LED stuff, but cheap insurance against having a switch/wires burning in your dash.

jb616, Mommas_money_maker and kajidono Thank this.
  9. jb616

jb616 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    rack is going on tomorrow. i will take some pictures. still have to figure out a bracket for the light bar .

10. jb616

jb616 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    finally got the pictures into my computer. have some pictures of the rack, mounting kit and one with it on the truck. pretty easy install. now i have to figure out how to get the light bar mounted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Gambi80

Gambi80 Medium Load Member

Looks sharp! Maybe find some mudflaps to go between the chains and the rack so you don't get that soda can full of change sound all day...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.