Headache Rack?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by MR.D, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    the parking lot of your local truck stop...

:)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cluck-cluck

cluck-cluck Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2008
    walnut ridge, ar.
    I think they changed the rule on headache racks and bulkheads about 2 years ago. I know a lot of companies still require one.

4. Chain Drive

Chain Drive Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Nova Scotia,Canada
    as an ex flatdecker I think it's called a headache rack because the chains are always bangin into it

5. Gonzo_

Gonzo_ Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Clayton, NC
    It's a headache rack because it helps to prevent the load from sliding into the back of your head should the load become unsecure... Not because of the chains slapping... come on..

It's not foolproof, it can only stop so much, as they are made of aluminum. It will not stop a 45,000 steel coil for instance.

"Getting a overhead"... never heard of that, & I've been out here quite a while.. "Having your overhead ran" is a valve adjustment on the engine. (My engine gets it's overhead done 1x a year, it's recomended at every 100,000 miles).

Faber Thanks this.
  6. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Before I looked at your profile info I knew you were Canadian from this post.

And, yes, the chains banging into the bangboard can be annoying, although not the true meaning.

7. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    the clutch brake is not meant to be used for shifting gears. when you push the clutch all the way t the floor it engages the clutch brake which stops the gears inside the transmision from spinning so that you an put the transmission in gear from the neautral position. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOU EVER PUSH THE CLUTCH ALL THE WAY TO THE FLOOR!!! doing so when the vehicle is moving will shear off the ears on the clutch brake that spline it to the shaft that it stops from spinning. once those ears are sheared of you have no more clutch brake and every time you put it into gear it will grind untill the grinding of the gears stops the gears from spinning

8. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Well when you use overhead and headache rack in the same sentence I would assume its referring to your load coming through your cab
    Ouch that would give anybody a headache LOL

9. LoneSnake

LoneSnake Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If you have a head left that is

10. Faber

Faber Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2008

11. JasonTheRock

JasonTheRock Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Oakland, Ca.
    Were would you buy a headache rack?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.