Headed to Melton

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Handy andy, May 15, 2011.

1. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    What have you been getting that is so hard to tarp? "odd shaped loads" and "my last load was a rare one" don't really explain it. ;)

and if you think its hard now, wait till summer comes ;) when you have to deal with the heat it gets a little more taxing on the energy :p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kevscout

Kevscout Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Big Rapids, Michigan
    Well, still going okay with Melton. New truck doing okay but not getting great mileage, probably because it doesn't have SuperSingles. :biggrin_2556: DM is doing this weird thing where he sends me fake appointments for delivery..That really makes it hard to know what is a real appointment is and what is phony....just saying. .get me reloads in a timely fashion and with time to actually get there before micro managing me.... always deliver as early as legally able and get a reload as early as able is the only way I roll... A tarp is a tarp is a tarp....secure every load like it was your wife in that car behind you... The ELOG is awesome but it does make it harder to pick up and deliver when everyone wants, but is really nice for legal reasons and no more multiple log books. Have you ever thought that if everyone kept truly legal logs 100% of the time that ELOGS would not be an issue. One thing I have learned is that you can only plan on 10 hrs drive time and 13 hr workdays with an ELOG as I refuse to be one of those idiots driving into the truckstop and parking in everyones way because he is out of hours, leave yourself an hour, it will come in handy as on ELOG you cannot do the two logbook thing and sneak in or drive the magical 11 hr limit everyday and find parking after sunset...and Rock and Roll..........WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE???????

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  4. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    How is your DM sending you "fake" appointments?

5. Kevscout

Kevscout Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Big Rapids, Michigan
    He sends an appointment macro on every load. I have been trying to get him to just send me the hours they start receiving. If it doesn't have an appt number I just delete it.:biggrin_25521: Kind of rookieish on his part, if you ask me, because it just makes my job harder.:biggrin_25524: He told me it was something new he was trying. All I need is shipping and receiving hours and time to pick up on time. I have yet to get a load with time to pick up when they want:biggrin_25523:

6. Kevscout

Kevscout Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Big Rapids, Michigan
    I did receive the truck because of my experience. They had older trucks ready and waiting for us at Masury. It was my choice and I got 1st pick in my class because I was driver certified and nobody else was. I am glad that you knew what went on in my class since you were not there. Don't comment on what you don't know.

7. IraqVetTX

IraqVetTX Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Can't remember Wisconsin

I am curious; what is driver certified?

8. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    They give you an appointment on every load because that is when they want you there. It doesnt matter if it is a FCFS shipper/receiver. They want you there as early as possible so they can get you under a new load. If you can't make the appointment that he has given you, then send an ETA update. Usually mine doesnt even set the appointment until I am loaded and send in my legal ETA. Do you even do that?

9. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You didn't get a new truck because you were "driver qualified". They don't care how much experience you have. I've seen drivers with 3 months get a 2012. You got it because they don't want to give out old trucks anymore. If they were giving out new trucks, they wouldn't have wasted a plane fare flying you to Tulsa if they had trucks available in Masury.

10. Kevscout

Kevscout Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Big Rapids, Michigan
    do that everytime, this is something new he started doing last month. He even sends it before I arrive at the shipper sometimes and always sends it before I leave and have sent in my Loaded Mac. Even when the receiver has a 1st come 1st served receiving order and does not do appointments. How can he know my legal ETA if he doesn't know what time I am rolling and how many hours left in the day I have to drive???? Its funny to me.. Who wouldn;t get to a receiver as early as possible? Should'd be a flatbedder if you don't deliver as early as possible.

11. Kevscout

Kevscout Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Big Rapids, Michigan
    Like I said, you weren't there in the classroom when the decision was made. I got to choose 1st because I was driver certified. The others all stayed in Masury and got the older trucks. Even their older trucks were newer than most.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.