Headed to Melton

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Handy andy, May 15, 2011.

1. Kevscout

Kevscout Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Big Rapids, Michigan
    I would like to see them try and just get us home while keeping us moving. I would rather be out running and earning money while away from home than sitting for a couple of days waiting on a load. For me I would gladly take the cut in pay to be home on a certain date because of a family event or scheduled appointment, but I feel like if I have been out for a month just get me home on a Thursday or Friday but keep me rolling. I absolutely get furious when I am wasting time and not working when I am away from my family. Maybe they can do a new type of Hometime request where the date is not so etched in stone and the load planners can keep us moving. Maybe I have a warped point of view , but, if a company really cared they would keep you rolling while getting you home. I did it for 3 years at a smaller company in Northern Michigan. YOU SHOULD NOT BE PUNISHED by being forced to take a huge cut in pay after working your tail off for weeks when away from your loved ones. Can you imagine what kind of lawsuits would be filed if all of the office workers had to take a huge cut in pay for the privilege of going home on Fridays.. That would be funny:biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daveman520

daveman520 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2012
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Does melton have a lease program? I love their equipment

4. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    im not 100% sure but i think they do. i see lots of grey 660's that im pretty sure are lease trucks but dont quote me on that

5. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    No lease program. Any Melton truck that is not blue is a million mile truck.

daveman520 Thanks this.
  6. daveman520

daveman520 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2012
    Cottage Grove, MN
  7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You're tellin me. I've been hoping he started a new program the last year or so. Last time he did it was in 07. :(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.