Headed to orientation this weekend.

Discussion in 'PTL' started by countryboy2870, May 24, 2014.

1. DMungioli36

DMungioli36 Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2013
    hammonton,nj
    I just completed day 2 of orientation.... very VERY easy day.... we watched safety videos, went through QUALCOMM and transflo more... we got our fuel cards etc and we went out on a road test with a international prostar 10 speed.... I grinded gears and couldn't find a few and the instructor never said a word except that you will get the hang of it on the road and that the trainer will go step by step to shift those trucks to help me out... the guy literally said the truck would have to be upside down for them to send you packing lol... which is great for me because I am grateful that this company is giving me a shot to learn not only to drive but the whole business.... trainers/instructors were nice so far still no complaints... wish me luck for tomorrow and ill keep you updated as best as I can.... BTW if your coming to orientation whether your a trainee or experienced make sure you were jeans or khakis... it seems like theyre pretty serious about the way you present yourself in orientation.... I cant wait to go out on the road and learn some more

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Ugly

Big Ugly Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina

The data you are referencing is from a 24 month reporting period. It gets updated month to month & the scores are reflected based on a 12 month average. They are actually coming down & I've had nary a notice from any DOT officer in any state I've traveled through. Including California & New York which is notorious for heavy handed oversight.

As for the complaints the internet is full of them about all trucking companies. The one universal truth about the complaints is it's never the drivers fault who posted the complaint. They are always perfect & pure as the wind driven snow. But that's the internet.

Never the the less good luck to you wherever you wind up.

DMungioli36 and oldtankinfool Thank this.
  4. PuritanProwess

PuritanProwess Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Crimea River
    I'm glad to hear that.

5. boss2255

boss2255 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Finished up with the trainer. With over by 1300 miles. Now going home for a few days then on to phase 2

6. oldtankinfool

oldtankinfool Bobtail Member

May 20, 2014
    Rydal GA
    So who you gonna pair up with for phase 2?

7. oldtankinfool

May 20, 2014
    Rydal GA
    that was quite informative thanks for posting!

8. boss2255

boss2255 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I'm not sure yet. But I have a couple of people who ask me. If I wanted to train with them.

9. oldtankinfool

May 20, 2014
    Rydal GA
    OK cool, I will be back on Monday looking for a teamate....man I was in Murray Mon-Thurs this week,,,,and a whole 2 people were available!!! They told me a lot more would be back the week of the 7th..Soooo heading back to HOPEFULLY get this phase 2 knocked out....Have a great 4th....

10. Big Ugly

Big Ugly Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    Just remember this important tip...

Beware of Monica! She's the P2 fleet manager. She is a total idiot & can be insulting to you on the QC quite often. I've had enough P2s & other company folks tell me about her that it must be true. She will also pressure you to run outside of your limits. In both a legal sense in terms of hrs & a physical sense in terms of your stamina & energy. Don't let her! You both are in control of the truck & are ultimately responsible for it & your safety. If she pressures you be firm but professional & message her that you'll report her to safety. She won't harass you any further after that.

I've read message convos in a few trucks that she has with some P2s & she is an idiot. She all but insults some of these people. Don't let her do that to you. Be professional & work
    with your partner & you guys will do just fine. 30,000 miles I think it is? It'll be over pretty quick if you keep the wheels turning.

11. Thurman1

Thurman1 Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Does ptl pay all miles loaded an empty an can sum one tell me pay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.