Heading For Little Rock! Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JimTheHut, Feb 2, 2010.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Has anyone else experienced your batter running down even though you have everything turned off?:biggrin_25521:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Jim it sounds like you have a bad battery.
    Next time you are buy the shop and have them do a load check.

4. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    They were all replaced back in the summer. I would think they would last longer than that.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I had a glitch in mine once. They found it at the gary yard. Had a wire in the dash that was a pararsite. Was draining juice and knocking out my cooler/ bunk lights etc... even when running down the road. Had new batteries as well.

6. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I went up to start it and the alarm was chirping again. Truck would not start.
    I opened up the side hatch and could see that my bunk lights were on.
    I pulled the bulbs and have it set up for them to come back up tomorrow morning at 8. While I was sitting there with the key off, I The truck acted like I had just turned the key on. All the dash lights came on and the gauges moved from one end to the other.
    Then I kept getting dash alarm lights coming on.
    Not sure what it means, but I have a bad feeling about this week!:biggrin_2551:

Kutina Thanks this.
  7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I was talking a a mav driver in the yard one day. Said he had a demon possessed truck...:biggrin_2559: One night said he heard talking in the cab while he was sleeping (GPS) ,,, lights stared flashing on and off in the cab... buzzers going off... had a leak from the windshield. It was raining real bad and the dash was shorting out...:biggrin_2559:

Kutina Thanks this.
  8. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I do have a water leak, but it is in the drivers side vent for the sleeper. Gets everything nice and wet down in my storage compartment. I hate Chrysler products. I have a dodge pick up and it sucks as well!

Kutina Thanks this.
  9. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    my last truck would kill the batteries within a couple of days if not started, and it had new ones in it when i got it. Columbia's are notorious for electrical issues, so there's no telling what the problem may be. I keep hearing the 07's are coming off the road pretty soon, so maybe you won't have to deal with it for long...of coarse the Cascadia's have had alot of issues too.
    the Race City truck stop at exit 168 (i think) ain't to bad a place to stop, the restaurant's not to bad either.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  10. Rugerdave73

Rugerdave73 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Texas
    Well wish me luck! I've arrived!! Start 7 am tomorrow and feel very optimistic! The bus trip last night was awful but worth it!!

11. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.