Heading to Boyd

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by Poa Triv, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I've decided to start my trucking career with Boyd.

I looked in to many different companies. TMC, MAVERICK, ROEHL. Two of them said i was out of their recruiting area (by 20 miles) and refused to help me in any way. I was also out of Boyd's recruiting area. However, they are trying to expand in the Wisconsin area and bent the line a few miles or so to get me.

I've heard many good thing about them. I hope Boyd lives up to them.

So im off to start my training bright and early Monday morning. Hope to see you all back here real soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IwaNNaFlatb3d

IwaNNaFlatb3d Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Poa triv-good luck at boyd! I looked at them when I first got my CDL. Let me know how things go there cuz I'm still interested in them if everything you read about them is true.

4. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Yeah I'll get back to u in a week after I hit the road with the trainer, just as long as u put me down as a reference :)

5. IwaNNaFlatb3d

IwaNNaFlatb3d Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Will do if I go there. Also currently looking at oilfield Job in Texas. Working in oilfield now in pa but business is slow and I'm greedy

6. ttownrunner

ttownrunner Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    tulsa,ok
    What kind of equipment does Boyd run. I sent my app on today. Iike what I've found out so far. Just wondering what kind of rigs they have.

7. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    We (I can say that now) run mostly international prostars.. Very nice trucks... The only thing I need to warn people about so far is that Boyd is very big on Mpg... U get a bonus if u keep a high mpg every month... This is done by shifting @1000 in the low rang and 1250 in the high..... Also we don't down shift to stop. Just keep it in gear and let the momentum carry u in... Takes some getting used to but is far the people are really nice.
    Another driver explained to me that they want to give u money. Detention pay layover pay and tarp pay... Their system is set up to benefit the driver. All they ask is to send them certain messages letting them know if a shipper or receiver isn't working on ur truck. They also pay deadhead miles no matter what ( so far).

ttownrunner Thanks this.
  8. RedDirtDriver

RedDirtDriver Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I'll be following your thread with interest. Please keep us updated with information and how it goes for you. I'm interested in Boyd as well.

9. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    So new driver orientation ended for me yesterday. Noramaly , recruits get hooked up with their trainer on Friday. However, mine has a wedding to attend this weekend so I'm stuck at a hotel in Birmingham for the weekend. Then I get to get on a greyhound on Monday afternoon and head to Macon ga to meet my trainer there.

Boyd is paying for the hotel so I'm not I'm not complaining at all. I just want to get on a truck and start training and driving.

10. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    First week of on the road with the trainer is done. We made two deliveries this week. We are stuck out on the road for the weekend tho. I was suppose tI go home but we got delayed and missed a pickup. Oh well.

So far I love it here. I keep hearing the same things from the other BOyd drivers. They are very family oreiented. I meet a driver today tell me he broke his hand in his second week with Boyd. It was on the job do he got workmans comp but still, they held his spot for 3 months til he got better. And he said several if the higher ups called him personally.

I know not every company is perfect and I know there will be some hiccups but I'm very happy in my deciodion do far to come here.

11. Poa Triv

Poa Triv Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Second week of being on the road is coming to an end. I'm hoping tomorrows load assignment will get me home by tomorrow night. The wife and kids are really starting to miss me.
    Boyd is going to try their hardest to get me home by Saturday at the latest.

projump Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.