heading to oriantation

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by mikek87, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mikek87

mikek87 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I will be heading for oriantation on sept 30. As long as everything goes as planed. I am still in school but will be testing on the 18th or 19th. Even if something happens and I fail that gives me a week to re test. I am starting to get realy exited.only thing I'm wondering is the packing list says bring 2 weeks worth of cloths. What man has that many cloths. How much did u guys bring.

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wegolfny

wegolfny Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I took all the clothes I had and wound up using half of them........not that there was that many.
    The two weeks worth you take will need to be washed because if you go to a place like Werner,
    and I hope you don't, you will need clothes for over a month and even then it might not be enough
    because they run all their trips with students and they don't want them to graduate on to their own
    trucks.

mje Thanks this.
  4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Many years ago I was in the U.S. Navy. My sea bag consisted of 1 months worth of underwear and several weeks worth of shirts and pants, a lot of clothes, all of which had to be stenciled. Then of course came the dress uniforms and shoes. The same principal most likely applies to truck drivers having to be out on the road for long stretches of time, (several weeks to several months at a time).

5. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Search for "Boyd" on the forums. You will find numerous threads about Boyd's orientation. You are told 2 weeks as you may be out for that time at a stretch with a trainer. You will be going out when it is getting cooler so plan ahead. You will really only need about a week and half (I say that because of tarping) Both terminals have washers and dryers free. Get yourself some Tide pods as they are easier to carry than powder or liquid.

mje Thanks this.
  6. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    Good luck to Ya!

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.