HEADLAMP ISSUE

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by bluepine, Jan 16, 2018.

1. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    2014 headlights go thru chasis node. Post vin and I will get you a diagram.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bluepine

bluepine Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2018

4. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    I uploaded the wiring diagram and pictures of chasis node. Node location can very, but usually around battery box under drivers door. It usually a PITA to get to and the connectors are painted over so they don't like to release. The diagram shows your fuses are A1 and A2 in the chasis load center. It is wired so low beam of one side is same fuse as high beam on other side. The circuit protection is to the input of node. ESA really helps when diagnosing these type issue, but it can be done with just DMM. Remember before condemning the node, check all power and grounds to node.

Attached Files:

5. kwcam

kwcam Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2012
    at the shop
    I have had this problem before, found it to be an open in one of the power wires from the chassis load center to the chassis node.

6. bluepine

bluepine Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2018
    You are right Sir. thats what it was. Thanks for all of the help

bbechtel16 Thanks this.
  7. Snowgoer

Snowgoer Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Okay I went for your whole story and. This isThis is exactly what's going on with my truck. did you all be clear for stupid old me and tell me exactly what wire going to thecould you all be clear for stupid me . please tell me what wire where this makes three of us must be many more. Another word help

8. Irwrench

Irwrench Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Where does the power wire for the chassis node come from? Found the power wire not getting power for the node not allowing head lights to function correctly

9. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    From the underhood fuse box. Check them all. Usually A1 and A2. More often it is a break in wiring in frame rail near node. Cut zip ties and follow wire from node along rail towards front of truck.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  10. Harrisonu

Harrisonu Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Later petes have the same problems as you described, the newer ones have a low and a high beam fused together that are on oppiset side for saftey reasons. I ran across this while having the same problem that you had. Found wiring broken under dr. side front cab mount. All fuses were good. Now i'm fighting no turn signals and and no brake lights on tractor but i have brake lights and only right hand signal on trailer. Anyone have a fix?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.