Headlight problem

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Red Hot Mess, Jan 27, 2012.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I know its just the low beams that go twards the right..Highs seem ok and fill that low beam gap on the drivers side wherl track area..
    I wanna oder some either led or hid for both hi and low but im waitin on a reply email to see if they have alot of rf noise..Most hids do and some led dont..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I don't like too bright in close, but that's just me, I use everything out there driving at night, and too much light shortens effectively seeing that.deer way out there.

They put lots of driving lights on for others, I don't find them much help, too much light close in, and that deer usually leaps into sight too late to do anything about except hope you're not shut down with the damage caused.

4. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well both my low beams go out anout 20ish feet but just aimed wrong..I suspect the mold used to shape the lights over heated and distorted some..A few fellow drivers have same issue just some are not as bad as others..

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Craig, the lights have a cut off point on the left and a lead on the right. Like below. It may be a lens problem but it also may be a lamp issue, I had a problem where we could not get the lights to focus right and it came down to the bulbs were OSRAM were counterfeit bulbs and just horrible, put another type in and it all worked well - that was a $300 expense I didn't need.

[​IMG]

However ... have you actually checked to see if the lights are aimed right?

How to Adjust Car Headlights

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  6. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    They were originally height wise but way low..I was over driveing even at low speed..A very basic idea of my light pattern.. 1541976734070-979616554.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.