Headset for cellphone

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by stacks, Oct 17, 2021.

1. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    What’s a good brand once owned a Blue Tiger but had problems with comfort, road king Also made headsets could of possibly Been junk

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I currently have a Blue Tiger, Blue Parrot and a Rand McNally, all over the ear headsets. The Rand is the most comfortable for me to wear for an extended time but feel the Blue Tiger has the best sound quality and has held up for over 3 years now, takes a beating. I would rate Blue Parrot last.

4. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    kwswan and OldeSkool Thank this.
  5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Been using a blue parrot xl250 for about 6 years

6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I’ve tried several. This one beats them all. Hands down. It’s so good. Even Apple support was impressed with how good it sounds.
    https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Voyager-Bluetooth-Microphone-Truckers/dp/B07VRDNQR3
    I’m not impressed with anything less than this microphone. I have to listen to people all day long with those other shorter microphones. All kinds of problems hearing them. Until they adjust it perfectly. Then I have to remind them again. Then don’t turn your head. Yadda yadda

MartinFromBC and beastr123 Thank this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    If you have an iPhone, I use and highly recommend their AirPods Lineup… I prefer their Pro model but different options for different folks.

8. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I started with a Plantronics Voyager Legend (the little one that fits over one ear). Couldn't hear out of it. Bought a Blue Parrot 450. Sound was great, but crap was that thing uncomfortable. I finally bought an OpenComm AfterShokz and couldn't be happier. Took an hour or two to get used to it. The sound is better than the Voyager, not as good as the Parrot, but you will completely forget you're even wearing it.

ATLAS81, Hammer166 and OldeSkool Thank this.
  9. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I need to try one. I have both the ones you mentioned. Can’t hear on the Plantronics and the Blue Parrot 450 makes my ear sore if I leave it on too long. I love everything else about it tho.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  10. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    You'll miss the one-touch dialing of a specific number from the 450, if you've got that set up. The OpenComm will redial the last number you dialed though. And the OpenComm doesn't have voice commands. For the first hour or two, it felt like someone was driving a nail into my temples, even though the headset is nowhere near them. My wife had the same complaint. It also seemed really quiet at first, like maybe my brain had to adjust to "hearing" the bone conduction. But after that first two hours, everything just clicked for both of us. Couldn't be happier.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  11. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Mentioned it before. But aftershokz opencomm is really good. Doesn't block your ears.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.