Headset for cellphone

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by stacks, Oct 17, 2021.

1. MiFamilyGuy

MiFamilyGuy Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I've only ever used a Blue Parrot so I have nothing to compare it to but I get a lot of comments from people about how easy it is to hear me. My current headset is 7 years old and going strong. When it eventually dies I'll get whatever the current Blue Parrot model is at that moment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

Only 2 things to mention on opencom
    1. Non-boom mic is okay, but not great, especially if you open a window or have a noisy interior
    2. If you have sideburns, its harder to hear. Ideally want them DIRECTLY on the cheekbone at center ear for best hearing

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  4. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    It has a boom mic.

5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Thought about picking one with boom and testing it out but point 2 overruled it for me (i care more about hearing THEM usually)

6. Malt Ball Cult

Malt Ball Cult Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2021
    I've given up on Blue Parrot and now use Aftershocks. Love them.

7. mark83

mark83 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2022
    I have bose quite wireless headset. Which is using almost 2 years ago and its ease to use and very comfort.

8. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    My blue parrot s650 was the biggest piece of #### I ever got. So I ordered this and never said a word. No one has ever said anything different in quality or background noise with window down or breaking doubles down. Best $40 I ever spent

TECKNET Trucker Bluetooth Headset with Microphone Noise Canceling Wireless On Ear Headphones, Hands Free Wireless Headset for Cell Phone Computer Office Home Call Center Skype (Black) https://a.co/d/7gmfNCv

9. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    The main thing to remember with any headset is to make sure you’re talking loud enough on it for people across the room to hear when you come in the truck stop with your flip flops slapping the ground and a towel over your shoulder. Then remember to walk out with a two liter pop bottle in each hand.

SlimPickins67, Todd727 and flood Thank this.
  10. Cdemars316

Cdemars316 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Considering I am completely deaf in my right ear, I am really interested in the bone conduction head set, despite there being nothing left of the inside of my right ear bone conduction allows me to get some as semblance of directional hearing but I didn't think there was an option for a head set, I have only used them in a speaker set up in my hearing docs office and was completely shocked when it worked I could tell what side the sound was coming from

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Seriously???

That’s so cool. I’d assume it wouldn’t work at all but I guess a vibration is a vibration separate from the hearing canal … so interesting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.