Health Insurance????

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by AdamSmasher, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    None needed, the broker's job is to "make a market", that is to quotes from different insurance companies and present them to you. Take those quotes and compare to what you can get at Healthcare.gov.

AdamSmasher and Final Drive Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AdamSmasher

AdamSmasher Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2019
    Indiana
    That's what's so stupid. If I would have known the state of IN wasn't going to be able to help I wouldn't have waited so long. The one place said I could get some kind of temporary or wait till I believe October or November. Probably be in medical debt further by then. lol

4. AdamSmasher

Aug 24, 2019
    Indiana
    I was told I waited to long after losing my last job, which like I said IN was supposedly going to help. I may just have to find a different agent. Thanks

5. AdamSmasher

Aug 24, 2019
    Indiana
    I haven't found many saying good things. I thought it seemed good, but after some reviews I started wondering. Would like to hear from other members about them though.

6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I wouldn't have a clue how good they are, just thought I had seen where they had it available.

x1Heavy and AdamSmasher Thank this.
  7. AdamSmasher

Aug 24, 2019
    Indiana
    That's very true. Pay more a mo for low deductible or easy on the wallet monthly and higher deductible? For my accident prone ###, low deductible.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I always avoided industry groups. Companies can do very well by themselves if they were wise in doing certain things that benefit themselves and benefit drivers in particular. But since we the drivers (Who is this we?) are throwaway commodity easily replaced by 50 people in orientation this week and pending robot truck buying 5 years from now... all of us would be replaced and eliminated as a excessive cost item.

Just today a automatic robot car rammed a telephone pole on purpose. All the kings men don't know how to fix it. Until next time.

AdamSmasher Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one I've been hearing about on the radio:
    www.medishare.com and it's a nonprofit, so the research shows.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.