Healthy Eating Tips

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by atlasshruggery, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Hey, thank you man... I know what you are saying is true... I come from another country where they grow food differently... I don't know.. but almost everything, the veggies, the fruits, the leaves, the legumes and the roots taste better, much better... The vegetables and leaves in America are like bland... no wonder Americans don't like to eat vegetables... and then, they don't even know how to cook them... unless they mix them with a lot of industrialized stuff, and dressings, and syrups and sugar, this and that and then deep fry them all... :biggrin_2552:
    I don't eat at restaurants, no fast food for me... Well, french fries once a month or so...
    But I'm sad that the vegetables I can find in America don't have the same tasty flavor of the ones I was used to in Brasil.

Leon Phelps III Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. morongobill

morongobill Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2014
    southern California
    Thoughts on this thread as they come to me:
    Microwave- just a tool to heat your food. Other ways of prepping and cooking, if you can make it work in a sleeper cab, great!
    High fructose corn sweetener- America's gift to the world! A gift that keeps on giving! Hundreds of millions of new diabetics growing on a logarythmic scale. Run don't walk from it.
    Read the labels. My best advice, avoid HFCS at all costs.
    Learned a lot from this thread, stuff I can use in my life.
    You see on April 15, I got "the talk" from my doctor about diabetes. He said I was officially
    "pre diabetic." and that I needed to exercise and change my diet or there was a possibility that it would turn into Type 2 diabetes and I could end up injecting insulin later.
    I walked out that door weighing 230 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 195.5 pounds.
    I have to take a low dose of Metformin with meals twice a day. If you are pre diabetic, this isn't a bad drug to take. It is based on a natural supplement found in a plant called 'goats rue." Mild effects and it works.
    Since the doctor visit, I fell off the wagon once and had a small bowl of ice cream. I really don't miss sweets but I do have cravings sometime for Yankee Pot Roast or chili such as found at the Golden Corral!
    I also ride my exercise bike about 45 minutes a day after breakfast, timed to help avoid a sugar spike- exercise really works in that regard.
    You guys put a lot of good info out there about food. Here is the one tip that I can give you that cured my acid reflux while sleeping issues. CURED IT.
    Before I go to bed, I now eat a tablespoon of peanut butter and wash it down with about a half glass of milk. It keeps me from waking up hungry and no more horrible burning acid waking me up.

Leon Phelps III Thanks this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Bought two new toys...

[​IMG]

Will get a 2000 watts power inverter so I can use them in the truck... Also bought 2 circuit breakers 80 Amps each to be used with power inverter... 50 amps would suffice but they were out of it...

[​IMG]
    Mechanic will install it all next time I go in for truck PM and then will be able to cook beans and other delicious health meals while I drive...
    The Nutri Ninja is AWESOME!!! 900 Watts, super strong, very easy to use and practical and easy to clean and light... :yes2557:

I have been at the hotel for one week taking my "hometime" and drinking all kinds of shakes and delicious juices... with no sugar... hmmmmm.... LOVE IT!!! :biggrin_25520:

Hey... try this, avocado, milk and honey... Very popular in Brasil but not known here in the US.. It's a delicious cream... but it can be mixed with other fruits too like banana, strawberries, papaya... whatever, just use your imagination... :biggrin_25519: and ENJOY... :yes2557:

[​IMG]

Leon Phelps III and taxihacker66 Thank this.
  5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
  6. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    Hey... try this, avocado, milk and honey... Very popular in Brasil but not known here in the US.. It's a delicious cream... but it can be mixed with other fruits too like banana, strawberries, papaya... whatever, just use your imagination... :biggrin_25519: and ENJO

Any chance you can post the recipe products and amounts? Thx

7. Leon Phelps III

Leon Phelps III Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Los Ageles, CA
    Here is a link to a book we all should read. Very shocking material.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...w64NssEsAIssYKY-A&sig2=lSCsyriIYtAZOEGwkJn2kA

It's a PDF download link. It can be viewed on your phone.

8. Leon Phelps III

Leon Phelps III Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Los Ageles, CA
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://onelight.com/library/Clark,%20Hulda%20-%20The%20Cure%20for%20All%20Cancers.pdf&ved=0CBwQFjAAahUKEwibgrLDnbDHAhWBDpIKHdTeATw&usg=AFQjCNGBfyk7kkKp-w64NssEsAIssYKY-A&sig2=lSCsyriIYtAZOEGwkJn2kAkA

The above listed link is to a book that may soon become illegal so download it now.

You must be knowledgeable and vigilant in the face of your doctors.

The same people who tell you to eat healthy while handing your 5 year old a lollipop and pinching his cheek most likely already knows about this truth.

They just wouldn't make any money if he/she told patience that all cancers and health problems can be cured through food and supplements.

Thats why Big Pharma, Med Corporation and Hospitals support particular politicians and buy them out for assurance that law will be created and enforced to restrict doctors from telling you about natural cures and how they are 10 fold more effective than anything man has ever forged in a lab.

It's ####ing sick. I hate going to the doctor sometimes because I have to pay to sit and be lied to in the worst possible way.

But, true story. I confronted my sons pediatrician several times before I removed him from under this doc's care. He said he knew what I was saying was true, but he was in no position to speak on it. I asked him why doesn't he and other docs link up and publish something and speak out.

He chuckled and said. "I don't know, I guess I want to keep my career, my life" followed by another chuckle and a take care.

Don't believe. Look up the highly accredited doctors down in Florida. Out of several different offices in different parts of the state they were working together to cure thousands of cases of cancer using food and supplements. They were about to go public and then out of no where each doctor came up missing or was found murdered.

No suspects at all in a case where I believe so far that 7 doctors who worked together turned up dead and or missing within weeks of each other.

Information is one of the most dangerous things in this cardhouse we call society.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.