Hear Ye Hear Ye Version OD

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 5, 2021.

1. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Of course I also want to make sure I'm getting at least two days uninterrupted at the house. Current company has me running locals on days off thanks to typical "no-shows". I run my 2 or 3 regionals, then spend another 2-3 nights getting tankers unloaded locally. Running off recaps is getting kind of old.

At the same time though, it's looking like ODFL at least makes that sort of running worth ones while. Still gonna wait for an Amarillo opening before making any decisions about relocating to the Mile High Playground.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    You can pretty much do whatever you want on the extra board. It's up to central. When I would stay out, I'd be off 3 days when I got back home. That's just me tho. My terminal is really laid back.

4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Dayton Freight terminal just a few miles from me is hiring guys at $29.41/hr to do city work and $.718/mi linehaul. I did LTL work for a few years awhile back in my driving career and would get back into it for those kind of rates. It didn't pay anywhere near that almost 10 years ago when I first got into it but it wasn't bad work compared to OTR.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  5. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    The non-union LTL's are the ones to work for. Hate to open that can of worms but it's pretty undeniable. ABF might be the one exception. I knew a guy who worked at their terminal in Portland, OR who told me he was up over $25/hr which seemed like huge money back in 2012. I used to pick up a lot of interline freight from them and would talk to those guys.

Lumper Humper Thanks this.
  6. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Estes is private so I know what you mean lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.