Heart Attack Warning Signs

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Baack, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3053

and 1 guest, Everett, burnout and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Women's symptoms are much more vague than the clasical symptoms typically associated with mens symptoms. A woman may only feel a slight discomfort in her chest or abdomen that she associates with indigestion.
    They suggest if you think you are having a heart attack and have aspirin chew one-this will help to start to thin the blood and may slow the clot formation (cause of heart attack)
    Call 911 do not wait!! be safe not sorry!!
    And Women-if you do get to the hospital please push push push because even today they tend to disregard women's symptoms as ''stress'' or hormonal or she's a woman she can't be having a heart attack-especially women ages 30's-50's.
    *Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in this country.*

annettecj, JustSonny and Baack Thank this.
  4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    The main thing is not to pass it off.

I have treated women with heart attacks that they did not know they were having them.

Some even only have back pain, upper close to the shoulder. They are tired and do not know why.

Not the classic symptoms.

Ducks, Starboyjim, stranger and 3 others Thank this.
  5. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC

You know Roadmedic, you're a pretty smart and decent guy for a quazi liberal.:biggrin_25522:

6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Not really a liberal so to speak. I am conservative to a point.

I am more to the point of distrustful of Washington.

I also believe we should be taking care of our fellow citizens and not the world.

If I have to pay taxes, I want them to stay in the country.

I also feel very strongly about the hidden signs of heart attacks. I have been to calls that could have been better if the person had only went to the doctor. Most do not have the coverage, but that is another issue in itself.

7. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I have to give thanks and admire people that do what you do for their fellow human beings. I don't have the constitution to be able to deal with grisly things. There are a lot of things I can do, but that is something I try to avoid if someone else is there that is capable of performing the task. For those that seek out those incidents in order to help, I take my hat off to.

As far as political, I'm just picking at you a little. I believe two people can have differing views, can even debate those strongly, but not have lingering hard feelings after, and can still respect each other. Usually there things people of opposing views can agree on. Of course there is always the ocassional nutjob that has wacky views one way or the other that can't be reasoned with politically, but can still be decent people for the most part.

Keep up the good work. Many people would be dead if not for those such as yourself willing to do for others.:biggrin_25514:

8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    My first wife had a heart attack at 24 years old. No one would believe us ended having to drive her to the ER, when we hit the doors all of a sudden they became believers.

sammycat Thanks this.
  9. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY

You got it Power Joints- unfortunately the medical community has not ''caught up'' with women's health ...yet....but are getting better..with alot of advertising ''Go Red for Women'' campaign for example. Good lord your (first) wife was SO YOUNG!! I hope she is okay!!! Wow...I hope your (first) wife goes out (if she would be willing or could since you said first wife?) to speak to the public-No one would believe at her YOUNG age she would or could have an MI/heartattack. When you are 24 years old you THINK you are in the prime of your life and your most healthy!
    Thank you so much for your post!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  10. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio

I'm convinced because women are the ones that give birth, they naturally have a higher tolerance for pain.

11. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    That is a possible factor as well.

However, they have a big denial of illness sometimes worse than a male.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.