heart into afib again

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by peabody747, Apr 23, 2022.

1. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    So look I'm not here to be judged, I know I'm a fatt lazy ### trucker.

My question is only been at new company for 3 months and they denied my fmla request. A procedure was attempted to correct the rhythm but failed for now. Said other options in a month or so. I took myself off the road cause I knew it was getting bad.
    So what our my options here and what can the company do. Technically I'm not feeling like I'm currently in afib anymore but strength is a little weak, working on that. Basically I'm broke and neither need unemployment or go back to work. I figure I need at least another week.
    they can try to correct afib again in a month or so but I'm going insane sitting around the house. Trucking is my life period without I'm just a useless piece of meat lol
    anyhow do I have any options to get me back to work?

tscottme Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Sounds like you are having ablations done to try and correct the rhythm? What's causing it? Have you had a stress test? Any blockages..we dont know enough to tell u

4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I am having the same issues that started a month after getting the Covid vaccine.
    From all the information my cardiologist and primary doctor has given me here are the steps to attempt to correct AFib.
    Medication
    Shocking it into rythm which works 20 % of the time
    Ovlation ( catheter ) which the cardiologist told me usually requires a second procedure in his experience.
    None of the procedures are guaranteed to get you back to normal and AFib can always return again.
    Your weight had nothing to do with it since it's an electrical issue but you can learn to live with it. Unfortunately, not as a truck driver.
    You should talk to your doctor about filing for disability and discussing it with an attorney.

Fortunately I had already retired when this happened to me.
    I have ready been told it was the vaccine by my doctor and it affected my wife's heart along with my brother in law. I was in the hospital with 20 others with same issue from vaccine.

silverspur and tscottme Thank this.
  5. peabody747

Jan 1, 2022
    so how long did this happen after the vaccine, I got my 2nd one in Sept last year, afib started about 2 months.
    As far a I researched afib doesn't disqualify you from being a truck driver

6. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    hate to hear it, do you regret taking the vaccine? Did that doctor suggest the vaccine to you in the first place?

7. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I have limited medical training but was trained as an EMT back in the 80's & was in the ambulance profession for several years. But that was a long time ago. Forgot a lot of what I did know but dont remember really being trained on Afib except probably something basic, general info. However, I did pick up more real life info during the time I was actually hands on with the profession. (I was also a fire fighter for 12 years).

In my limited experience, you probably wont ever know your heart is in Afib until its too late. TOO late. You need to get your cardiologist to give you a monitor to wear that monitors you heart rate & also checks your blood pressure.
    I probably dont have to tell you that the two biggest issues associated with Afib is heart attack & stroke. You are likely to have a stroke before you ever know you're in Afib.
    Therefore, I suggest like @tow614 mentioned, you need to try to get on disability Medicare. In my opinion, you don't need to be in a big truck with Afib issues in my opinion. Again, you can be over 200 and may never know it. I've seen it. Actually, just last week, my brother was in his cardiologists office waiting room for just this issue. When he came in, they gave him a monitor while he waited. At one point, his was 193 and he never felt any different.... never knew it was an issue. That's getting very dangerous. That's 3 times faster than normal. Much more than that, you heart will stop moving blood. Obviously, that's not good. Stroke, then heart attack.

Just curious, I know you said you are very overweight.... how old are you?

supergreatguy Thanks this.
  8. peabody747

Jan 1, 2022
    48, I get the risk of having afib but again trucking is all I know, and no way in hell could I live off medicaid. my biggest tell to afib is shortness of breath and I feel the flutter. I had that kardia device seems to be accurate but have lost it unfortunately

9. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    look in the condition called “POTS”. It’s a very real condition with a large community. If you’re on Facebook there’s very valuable help. It’s very similar to afib

10. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    That's weird... I got my second shot in September and my problems started 2 months later.
    Mine are even documented by my doctor because I had just had an annual physical for insurance with an EKG which showed normal heart rhythm then 2 months later my heart is in trigeminy and they sent me to the hospital.
    After taking meds for a couple of months it goes into AFib.

tscottme Thanks this.
  11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    You can get on social security disability and they can help you get training for work you can physically do but your health is more important.

Unfortunately, we have no legal recourse from the side effects of this vaccine because Trump exempted them.

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.