heart into afib again

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by peabody747, Apr 23, 2022.

1. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Hate to tell you but someone who went through the disability thing, it's not immediate it can take up to a year or longer to get approved and that's if you get approved on the FIRST Try, which is RARE. You have to hire a disability lawyer, go through the process of proving that you can't work, so will need to get ALL documentation from doctors. Then you have to wait for a court date and right now you are looking at probably 10-14 months, then you have an appeals process. I have known some people's have taken more then 2 years. Had a buddy literally DIE at work, spent week in ICU and couple weeks rehab and got denied disability, don't get much more disabled then DEAD

Also if your heart is bothering you again NOW..that should be an indicator you shouldn't be behind the wheel.
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Dealing with debt collectors, you can make the phone calls stop.
    How To Send a ‘Drop Dead’ Letter to a Collection Agency

I listen to consumer affairs radio shows and podcasts. I've heard several times something like 75% of disability claims submitted to Social Security are rejected the first time. Don't give up if SocSec says "no".

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    This is not always the case.
    I had a friend who got his first try without an attorney and it took only a couple of months.

An attorney sometimes takes longer because they get paid by percentage and the longer it takes the larger the onetime payout will be so they drag it out.

5. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Didn't say it was 100% the case, EVERY CASE IS Different

tow614 Thanks this.
  6. H3R3T1C

H3R3T1C "Question Everything"

Oct 4, 2013
    Sorry to hear about your condition, but for the record Trump didn't do anything Big Pharma has been exempt from liability LONG before COVID.

This is from 2018, but I have found other information saying this goes back as far as 2013.

Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Protecting Vaccine Makers from State Lawsuits

JoeyJunk and silverspur Thank this.
  7. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

As someone who has Afib there's other options that you can use and keep the CDL also. The biggest is called an ICD or pacemaker only. The FMCSA allows with a waiver for you to keep your CDL
    Regulations

There is hope

peabody747 Thanks this.
  8. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    doctors have to get there first by trying other cures it seems but yes is cardioversion doesnt help that will be next i hope

9. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    last time i went through chf with the heart got ss immeidately, im sure was luck maybe but 6 months later was cleared back to work and had to pay back the ss, this will be last resort but seems like with heart issues they hand out ss pretty easy

10. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

With ssdi and this is coming from someone who has been on it now going on 18 years. If you're able to get back to work before a year passes then you do have to repay the money however if you have been on it longer term like me you can get what is called a ticket to work and then you don't have to repay it as you were able to recover from the injury that put you on ssdi. What is going to be funny about mine is the concussions I suffered for over a decade now are the reason why I can get back out there. My neurologist determined that my last seizure in 2018 and the concussion as I had it in my house on a cement floor literally broke all connections my focal points had with my brain. They can still be detected in an EEG however they are not affecting my brain anymore. In my neurologists practice history they've seen this happen 5 times all with TBI caused epilepsy our brains literally keep breaking the pathways for the seizures.

silverspur Thanks this.
  11. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    plain and simple, lose weight!!! you can do it. you have no choice, diet and exercise, before you know it you`ll be back on the road. Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.