Heartland Express (formerly Interstate Distributer Co.)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bigblue19, Oct 24, 2017.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I was with HE for seven months back in 2001. Good mileage pay rate, but seldom more than 2k miles a week. My average was 1750 miles per week. That was enough. At least they’re consistent.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RumbleTruckin

RumbleTruckin Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I got banned for spam just for putting my own website in my signature. Thanks, truckers report...

Also, I emptied my truck out yesterday and no longer work for Heartless Express.

4. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Anyone remember an old forum where we called em Heartless?

5. RumbleTruckin

Jan 14, 2018
    I was averaging 1700 miles at 44 CPM HHG. It wasn't enough, I made more money with longer hauls at 40 CPM and technically worked less because I was driving instead of hooking up to so many trailers.

I think I would have had a different experience if I was on the east coast. Over here on the west, all the terminals are old Gordon and Interstate, all the people working there are bitter their company got bought out and Heartless came in and told them to change their ways. I never went to Iowa and was never going to go there to meet the people I actually worked for. I started out with Knight, it wasn't that great of a company but I went to Phoenix and met the people, a guy gave me a tour of the yard on a golf cart. I felt like part of a team.

I was late to ZERO appointments with Heartless and all they would do was complain about the ETA/PTA macro. They wanted it done right after your loaded call, no excuses. When I quit I asked if there was a Macro 86 to let them know I quit. lol just like asking what macro there was when I had to go to the bathroom, I thought it was way funnier than probably really is.

Gearjammin' Penguin and 48Packard Thank this.
  6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I don't know how Heartland has money running drivers 1,700 mpw. They must have capital investment scemes like USX.
    My dispatcher told me personally at IDC that any truck not doing 2,200 mpw was underperforming & at 2,500 they made $700 profit. My lowest week was 2,647 miles & highest was 3,352. Cust detention was my biggest enemy. I know many cubbyholes to find parking., but at some point you have to give up valuable drive time to fuel & take a showers. Just to much time wasting doing refer work these days.

RumbleTruckin Thanks this.
  7. CoveringBases

CoveringBases Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Wow, thank you! That was very informative, and exactly the kind of thing I was wondering. I ran for Interstate, and left right before the merge because my FM was a raving B. But other than her, I really liked my job, my truck, and the company. It felt like home. I'm sad to hear it sucks so bad now. :( Especially since I heard the B left when they merged!

8. RumbleTruckin

Jan 14, 2018
    What terminal were you out of? I started at the old gordon terminal in Lathrop then moved to the Fontana one, I had a Sonja I think it was, and she was a huge B.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  9. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I think my “that was enough” comment wasn’t clear. It should have said “I had enough”. Didn’t mean to imply the miles were satisfactory. The poor average was the reason I left.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  10. Nuffy

Nuffy Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Been at Heartland 10 months now and still going strong. Most of the accounts I read online have not been my experience and some are just false. I have less than 2 years experience and I'm @ 47.5 cpm with about an average of 2900 paid miles per week.

When the interstate merger happened they gave every driver a choice between practical and house hold miles. I would have made 46 with practical miles. It seemed to come out roughly the same in the end.

I'm an all 48 OTR with 4 weeks out which may be why I never have issues with miles. Can't speak too much of the experience on the 2 week schedule but I have a close friend who does it and his miles are comparable to mine.

I'm not a fanboy or a shill for heartland. I have no loyalty to this company or even this industry. It's just disheartening to come on here and read such constistently inaccurate information about something that is relevant to me.

My 2 cents

11. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Give it time, your still kinda in the honeymoon stage.
    Heartless has had a bad reputation long before you were ever a driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.