Heartland Express??????

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by lookingtotruck, Oct 2, 2007.

1. fixer

fixer Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    I heard that many of their best managers have been leaving this year due to poor morale at the company. I know from talking to drivers there is a lot of negativity toward them. Ive heard that the Ohio terminal is the best one to drive out of, and it looks like some of those Ohio drivers here are saying they are pretty happy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truthin

Truthin Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Columbus, OH
    I am with Heartland now. things are going pretty good. they have always been decent to me. sometimes the bad managers dont make it and move on, but I know there is a lot of pressure on operations to get drivers home and then get them miles. they run lists of who needs to get home and who needs more miles, and the managers are expected to take care of them.

4. duketx63

duketx63 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Heartland is a good company an money is good also been here 13mos. have no complaints

5. duketx63

duketx63 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    yes sir heartland is a great outfit i been here 13mos no complaints made 50,000 this yr

6. Carolina Thunder

Carolina Thunder Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Coeburn V.A.
    I loved working for Heartland and would go back in a heart beat. I left once (solo) for needed time off,was rehired and then had to leave a second because my wife (team) was close to her due date with our first son. Because of being with them twice i have been told that they would not take me back but that's fine now because i no longer want to run OTR. But. That was without a doubt,the very best company i have ever,in 15+ years of trucking,worked for. They paid me/us very well,ran us as hard as we wanted to run,took care of the equipment and got us home when we need to be home. If i wanted to go back OTR (I DONT) they would be my first choice.

.....unless they have changed.

7. wane1256

wane1256 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2010
    How is Heartland today? Inverters allowed or not? Average miles?

8. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    No inverters. Regional is 2200 miles average. Not sure on system OTR drivers. Met one the other day that is running close to 3000. But that is not normal.

9. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    There's a lot of other things which they won't allow you too do. But I guess I got screwed when I worked with them.

Only made decent [if you wanna call it decent] miles when I ran OTR; which I was suppose to be a regional driver. The miles when I was OTR were, 2235 wk 1; 2155 wk 2. Then when I stated I was a regional driver NOT a OTR. I went regional and my miles were 972 wk 3; 725 wk 4. Then I asked for more they stated I needed to do OTR and regional doesn't see more then 1200, per DM!!

10. kaptsbaby

kaptsbaby Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Fort White, Florida
    My husband has been at Heartland 6 years now, Yes I wish they would have stayed with united health care, and we to wish for a full weekend off now and then, but....
    We have paid all our debts off(house, land, bank notes) in 5 years! By being able to do this we are now setting up a retirment plan for ourselves. I agree when he started he was regional out of Jax, fl. we couldn't raise our son and pay our bills on the miles, so he went system 5 1/2 years ago. They do allow 12volt lunch box cookers, and if your a system driver, you get an ez pass, you also get extra pay for the north east, an extra .03-.04 but that really adds up. Before the ecomomy took a hit he was grossing 65-70,000 a year.
    last year he grossed right at 60,000.
    The top driver they advertised about making around 90,000. was out of Florida, he retired(or was going to) last year, he stayed out 3-4 months at a time.
    All and all we are very happy with Heartland!

11. wolf_lover13

wolf_lover13 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Talladega,AL
    kaptsbaby -Thanks for the info both in post and PM. Sorry I could not PM you back, not enough post yet. It is good to hear some positive comments about Heartland, might put in another app for my husband with them. Although their regional does not sound like there is many miles in it, maybe enough to make it worth being home on the weekends though. Thanks again for the info....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.