Heartland Texas

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Bumper, Feb 5, 2014.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Typical Florida. Too many drivers = too low pay scale. But everyone still wants to move to Florida and drive a truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Good luck to you Chrome Dome!

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I have been driving a truck on and off since I was 21 boss. And I came to Florida because my wife needed work. The job I am moving to will pay as well as any up north did, and no competition for freight since it is a private fleet. I will be good to go. Pay scale for heartland is set low due to freight rates in Florida being sub par. Not too many drivers, more like too many trucks, till next month. Then for a few months they will not be able to find enough trucks to move everything.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Sitting in the Seagoville Texas yard taking my 10 hr break. Then I'm off to Sealy with a Walmart load that drops before midnight. Then the same load I did on Saturday , Houston Home Depot DC to San Antonio Home Depot store. So far I have been pretty much cruising around Texas as promised. They forgot to pay me as a salary driver and paid me miles so my first paycheck was a tad low, but the terminal manager here has already taken care of it. Doing some nights but mostly day driving so far. Been home the last two weekends too. Still new but I haven't seen anything too bad yet. I will be glad when we get all of the new trucks exchanged. I miss my microwave and TV.

6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    We'll I made it to the San Antonio Home Depot and when I pulled out of the dock I found out that my truck had turned into the Exxon Valdez!! Oil everywhere. So cleaned up the slick and then put some more in and made it to the TA in New Braunfels. They replaced an oil line clamp and declared it ready to go . I drove a load up to Odessa last night and when I did my pre trip this morning it was even worse than before. Breakdown sent out a repair service and it was determined to be a missing o ring on the return line from the oil cooler. So now it is at the Navistar dealer in Midland and I am cooing my heels in a motel until tomorrow when my DM and Terminal Manager decide how to get me into a different truck. I can only hope it is better than this one.....we shall see.

7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    We'll the truck and I are both in Dallas. Me at the Seagoville Best Western and the truck in the yard. Going to pack it up tomorrow and see what Monday brings.

darrellpv63 Thanks this.
  8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Well it took a few days but I am finally out of the terminal and on the road. The truck is still there getting 3 leaks fixed and a new air compressor and possibly a new turbo unit. I am in a new truck. Well new to me. It is a 2013 Pro Star but only has 85k on the odd and has an inverter and bunk heater.
    Runs strong and I am a happy camper once again. Since I am on salary I drew my normal pay for the 4 days I was in the terminal.
    Have to say thanks to the Seagoville Terminal Manager Jay for getting through the red tape and getting me taken care of.

double yellow Thanks this.
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    We'll things are still going as promised . I will be home in the morning and already have my pre plan for Monday. I am very pleased with my new truck and I guess it is all in what your needs are for being happy in this business. I did not want to drive OTR anymore and this is working out very well for me.

double yellow Thanks this.
  10. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Sounds good! Glad it's working for you there.

11. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    I know you have been at it for a month, but if you get more miles than your salary, do you get that? Or you salary? If so, how hard is it to make it up above your salary?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.