Heartland Texas

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Bumper, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I have not gone over my salary yet. But if I did then yes I would get paid for those miles at 39cpm. For me it is nice not to be stressed about not getting 500 miles a day or how long the run is or can I drop it some place and get the miles turned in on this check. This system may not be for everyone, but it is just what I wanted.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbtolsu

jbtolsu Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Marianna, Fl
    Welcome aboard Bumper, I have been with Heartland for 19 years now. I run out of Atlanta, SE regoinal. Hope you do well, and keep in touch.

Bumper Thanks this.
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Everything is still going well. Freight was slow in Dallas yesterday so I had a day off. Then they decided that I was needed in Houston and I
    bobtailed down here last night. Pick up a Home Depot load in the morning and head to San Antonio. I am still enjoying driving around Texas
    with an occasional run into Oklahoma or Arkansas. This is definitely not for you young guys who need to run every mile possible
    but for me at this time in my life it is great. I am home every weekend and I am not worried about how many miles I go.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    We'll the Home Depot load was cancelled so I am now waiting to deliver a load of Niagra bottled water at a Costco in San Antonio and then go home.

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Have to love those loads that they have to cover. Big accts have a set number of loads that must be covered every day, even if they cancel 50% of the time.

7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Yep I have had 3 day weekends the past two weeks because of SAMs Club cancellations.

all pays the same to me. Now if I could just get it to stop raining on my days off....

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Unfortunatley I am unemployed now. I had a family emergency arise and I had to quit working to help with the problem. I have no complaints with Heartland as they were very understanding and gave me the time to take care of things before turning my truck in. The wife and I will be leaving Texas once everything is finalized and heading back West, probably relocating to Nevada. The Texas Salary Position worked out very well for me and I had all of the home time I was looking for. I should be back to work in two months or so and I will let you know where I end up at.

Take care all, be safe on the road!

HeartofaTrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.