Heated mirror possibly?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by McBurrough, Sep 18, 2018.

1. McBurrough

McBurrough Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2018
    Someone jacked up the hood mirror on my 2013 Cascadia at a truck stop...I don't want to mess with a shop and plan to replace it by myself, as it looks to be a pretty simple thing. When I went online to order a replacement it showed up heated and non-heated options. Mine's not heated, so I was thinking if that's possible to somehow convert it to heated. If I find a heated mirror, will it come with wiring and a switch or would I have to wire/splice something?

The mirrors I was looking at - non heated Dorman® - Hood Mirror
    and heated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KGHK6...&pd_rd_r=3fdffea9-bb1d-11e8-be59-db2f2d1fb2cc

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I'd look to be sure but if that was a factory option there may be a plug on the harness for it already. Maybe ask a dealer about it.

McBurrough and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Might as well. Those spot mirriors frost over something fierce in traffic on the interstate.

Heat em all. Have a dealer confirm you already have the existing harness for it as Cattleman84 stated.

5. McBurrough

McBurrough Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2018
    Good point, I'll check it with the dealer when I get time, but it's not going to happen for at least one week. I guess I need some temporary solution to replace the broken hood mirror...or simply drive without it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.