Heavyd , truck shuts down while driving down freeway

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by al easley, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Sony

Sony Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2015

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sony

Sony Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Hello Heavyd
    I have one more concern . As you mentioned most likly its EGR. I think previous owner of this prostar maxforce 13 have deleted the DPf system.
    inase if EGR is faulty do I need to change it or no need of it

sdaniel Thanks this.
  4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The egr cooler you mean? We don't deal with deleted trucks. I really have no idea what might be happening in your case. If the EGR cooler is leaking, your engine will continue to burn coolant.

Sony Thanks this.
  5. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Or run into a tree ...

6. regor007

regor007 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    HEAVY D,
    I'm experiencing a problem with 2005 International 9400. Cummins ISX 450 engine. Didn't want to make a whole new thread for it. The problem started with the speedo, tach, oil pressure, volt and temp gauges going crazy then staying pegged at the 6 o'clock position. Warning lights came on as well. The truck ran fine so I drove it home and I took it to my shop. There was a code for date link error so he replaced the gauge cluster circuit board. Not only did that not fix the problem now he was not able to communicate with the ECM. He referred me to the dealer. Since they could not get me in for over a week I took a quick out and back load since the truck still ran ok. It ran fine for the trip. When I went to start the truck yesterday I got nothing. No lights inside nothing when turning the key. Totally dead. It sat for 4 hours. I got back in it and it started right up. It's as if the shaking from getting in and out of the truck jolted a wire or something. The gauges are still pegged at 6 o clock. The dealer won't even look at it till Monday. Any ideas where I could look in the meantime? I hate sitting for almost another week. That's why I hate dealers!

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I'm a dealership guy.

regor007 Thanks this.
  8. regor007

regor007 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Does that mean take it to the dealership or you work at a dealership? I didn't mean to insult you if you do. It's just frustrating that they are always backed up.

9. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Heavy works at a dealership . The shop guys wish the brand (every brand ) would make a better product. The past 14 years the manufacturer have been making trucks that they did not want to build , with technology they were forced to use . And was not ready . For a public who did not want to buy it . But you were buying new you had to buy them , or go glider.

Heavyd and regor007 Thank this.
  10. Audreyng2001

Audreyng2001 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2015
    HeavyD I have got a 632-4 that won't let me restart the truck. It is a 2010 Prostar with a ISX.
    It has been doing fine till this morning, was idling and engine shut off, started once and then died.

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    ECM is detecting a short in the fuel shutdown solenoid power circuit. Either a shorted out solenoid or rubbed through wire somewhere. If you disconnect the wire at the shutdown solenoid, the code should change to 632-3 if the solenoid is bad. If you disconnect it and the code stays the same, it is in the wiring, or in very rare cases, the ECM.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.