Heel spurs

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Ironwindow, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I had a heal spur, it was painful and was dealt with in an equally painful manner back in the 80's but I know what the OP describes sounds like is plantar fasciitis, which I now have thanks to my medical problems with my legs. The doc said it will take time to go away and I have four different shoes to wear during the week. It is really painful after sitting a while. SO I would go to a doc and have them look at it.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Make sure its not gout.. depending on your diet etc this is also a possibility.. Gout sucks! I had a slight case of it a decade or so ago.. had to really watch the diet!

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Medical technology and procedures have changed quite a lot since 20 years ago. What I would consider butchery etc then growing up would be routine today. I have had some surgeries that did not exist in grandparents time. Things have changed quite a bit. For the better in many ways.

Don't waste time on something this small before it gets to something really big. See the doc. Don't be like me sit there and deny the pain or problem. You only make it worse than it has to be.

BoxCarKidd and Mooseontheloose Thank this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Look at the bright side.

You didn't have to go to Vietnam (involuntarily) and you became POTUS.

"Spur" yourself to higher goals.

Cat sdp and mpd240 Thank this.
  6. Ironwindow

Ironwindow Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Winston Salem, NC
    I've talked to my Doc about it previously. She never took any images of it though just said it was heel spurs and would eventually go away.

From talking to you guys, it definitely sounds more like PF. I looked at some PF stretches and they have helped tremendously.

I'll go back to the doc and let her know what's going on and ask if she could refer me to podiatry.

Believe I'm gonna go back to my redback boots too. Looking back on things this all started once I switched to these bates I'm wearing now.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    And then you can bad mouth someone who volunteered and is now dead.....

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I healed my plantar fasciitis fasciatis by massaging my calf muscle

9. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    This is not on any exercise programs. I have found that some trucks enough room that you can do heel - calf muscle stretches while driving. Just put your toes back toward the middle of the seat on the floor. I did that one at a time. Then push your heal down to stretch for the count of ten. Stretch every time you get out of a vehicle. Stop and take a walk about some times.
    I asked a heavy equipment operator about the cushion pad in his new machine. It already had a really nice looking chair. He said " You have to keep your butt above your knees. If you don't your blood won't flow correctly for long periods of time.
    Their are pills for everything. No scripts other than very short term.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.