Hello all Im a noob Class A-CDL trainee

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by OTRTruckStomper, Jul 1, 2018.

1. OTRTruckStomper

OTRTruckStomper Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Hello everybody sorry it is taking me so long to get back on here but school is long and weather is hot update::: we have been City driving along with on and off ramp training. Then alternating days with back up training. so far everything is working out really good for me the trucks at the school are older then Dust, and keep breaking down on us daily but the way I see it if I can drive and do maneuvers in this truck I can drive any truck.In my opinion the trucks are not safe to drive but the school is what it is. The instructors, there are some very good ones, some bad oncs and some really bad ones, but again it is what it is I do not burn myself with things like that I just keep my eye on the ball and keep moving forward the only issue I been having is downshifting but I take that as bad instructions from the first 2 instructors, On the 3rd day we got a new instructor who explained it very plainly and I was able to downshift with no problems the rest of the day next time we went into the city I use the same technique that the third instructor gave me and was able to drive with a Flawless record the entire day well for 4 hours not the entire day like I said some good instructors some bad backing up after watching a bunch of videos and staying late after school watching other students backup I have a very good grasp of it and have been nailing it pretty successfully.
    Straight back passed on every attempt,

off set backing both conventional and Blind Side 12 attempts failed 1st attempt passed the remaining 11,

conventional parallel parking 9 attempts failed first two attempts past the remaining 7.

.Blind Side parallel nine attempts failed first 3 passed the remaining 6.
    Monday we do alley docking but after watching other students and watching a lot of YouTube videos LOL I feel fairly confident that I will succeed.
    pre-trip is tattooed on my brain and have it down cold.
    Very happy with my progress so far at the school spoke with my Schneider recruiter and told her that I'm looking at going team with a Home Depot account they actually have a contract that you have to drive no less than 2750 miles a week to be on the Home Depot team contract. Filled out the forms on Schneider website that match you with a team driver waiting to hear back from them. A week from this coming up Monday I have an appointment with the DMV to get my HazMat endorsement which I feel extremely confident that I will pass everything is going in the direction that I wanted to go in and I am very happy and itching to start my driving career.

Well that's the update so far good talking with you truckers look forward to seeing you on the road.

10-4 from OTRTruckStomper

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Totaly awesome update. A old saying is " You get out what you put into it " and it seems like you are on a roll. My first OTR driving experience was team driving for the same company.

I went through training in North Carolina with my co driver. Was a good opportunity to learn and ptactice more before going solo.

4. OTRTruckStomper

OTRTruckStomper Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.