Hello All

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Melon, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Melon

Melon Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Omaha, Nebr
    I've been lurking for a few days and thought it may be best to sign up and introduce myself. I have the feeling I'll have questions along the way in my journey.

I'm currently a sales rep for a chip company, but will be starting training next week for my class A. I had an opportunity to move on and I chose to do so. Until a day or so ago, I thought I had my mind kind of decided where I wanted to go. Now, I'm not as sure but I don't need to make a decision right away. I am very grateful for the company section in this forum. I learned - well, reinforced the idea - that not every company is perfect and can please everyone.

I look forward to reading more, doing some posting, and hopefully being able to contribute useful information here :)

-Andy

flyby1971 and pattyj Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What's your plan; long haul or what?

4. Melon

Melon Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Omaha, Nebr
    Regional was my hope, but with little to no experience I can't get too picky.

I've been eyeing TMC alot lately, but I'm not 100% sure just yet. I know they are flatbed and it's more physical.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, you can be picky. Plenty to choose from.
    Schuster - nations largest ice cream hauler. The big account is Blue Bunny Ice Cream.
    West Side Transport - guaranteed minimum $900.00 weekly for new cdl grads and can work your way up to $1100.00 weekly minimum. You can make more, but not less.
    DLI (www.driveDLI.com)
    Britton Transport - can take the wife and no charge for it. Trucks have Tripac APU. @MrEd is the flatbed trainer there. Smaller outfit so only need one trainer.
    Magnum Ltd.
    All the above hire new cdl grads. If website has "experience required" then the website hasn't been updated. Submit applications during the first week of cdl school.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Tired of the chip company huh?Welcome to the forum but watch that @Chinatown he'll try and get you to drive for UBER and also he has. those little motor scooters he makes his employees ride to pick up ppl like a taxi service.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's some more:
    Doug Andrus Distributing
    Old Dominion - line haul division. Some terminals hire new grads.
    Martin Bros. Distributing Company
    McLane Foodservice
    Keim TS - flatbed and has studio sleepers (pictures on website).
    Don Hummer Trucking
    Love's Travel Centers - sometimes hires new cdl grads to deliver DEF or Diesel to their truckstops. Must apply online; individual truckstops don't hire cdl drivers.
    Reinhart Foodservice - Position Summary: . Reinhart will hire and train individuals with less than one year of experience and enter them into our Associate Driver training program. Driver Associates will perform driver duties that will allow them to gain the necessary experience to qualify for a Professional Driver position with Reinhart Foodservice after successfully completing the program.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  8. flyby1971

flyby1971 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2016
    CDA ID
    Hello and Welcome.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Crete trucks are stripped down models.
    Don't you like any of the suggestions on this thread?
    Magnum and Schuster have APU and Romans looks pretty good.

10. Melon

Melon Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Omaha, Nebr
    I've been curious about Martin Bros.

Keim recruiter came to the school and talked to us. They sounded like TMC, just a bit laid back.

I looked into Schuster and I think they wanted experience so I kind of ruled them out. I think? I've looked up alot of companies lately trying to find a good fit for myself.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Schuster does hire new cdl grads; not too many though because they're picky.
    TMC is too gungho for me; some do ok there though. Their turnover rate for drivers is too high and would make me leary.
    Keim TS is more appealing for flatbed; smaller outfit and has those huge studio sleepers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.