Hello everybody

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Pillageavillage, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Pillageavillage

Pillageavillage Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2017
    South Florida
    First off hello everybody. I am new on here. Wanted to get your guys opinions. I am currently delivering pizza here in south Florida . I have my class a just never used it. This is something i wanted to do since i was a kid my grandfather drove and my uncle drives. I see horror stories and i see really good stories about driving. My question is. Is it worth to get into driving or try and find something else to do. Half of my mind keeps telling me go for it while my other half tells me to look for something else to do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Start driving; it's a great career.
    How long have you had a CDL and how did you get it?

4. LWT104

LWT104 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Around the corner
    Ive been where you are. I was great. If I could do it again, I'd work to be the manager at the pizza store.

5. LWT104

LWT104 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Around the corner
    *It was great.

6. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    It beats delivering pizza. Unless you are meeting hot women that want to uave fun, then deliver pizza. Lol.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  7. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Driving is a lifestyle. Can you make some money? Yeah. I drive local in winters now and dream of OTR lol I really enjoyed it and was good for me mentally. I cant handle sitting at a desk or confined to a store somewhere. Yeah unless you know somewhere else to make 60k with little experience

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Since you've never used your cdl, companies will want you to start riding with a trainer. Since you live in South Florida, try Florida Beauty Express. They run teams to California hauling live plants. Make a few of those trips and if you don't want teams, change to solo with some other company.
    Florida Beauty Express also has local and regional in South Florida. Some of those local/regional you could be driving a box truck or tractor-trailer.

9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    What advice have you gotten from your grandfather and uncle?

10. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Great question.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hope the answer isn't like so many others on here; "My father and grandfather were truckers for 47 years and said for me not to do it because it really sucks."
    That's why they did it for 47 years; because it sucks?
    OK, it's not like it used to be; it's changed. Well, everything changes with time and simple minded people aren't capable of adjusting to change.

FalconsFan21 and Puppage Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.