Hello from Heather and Shannon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by HeatherandShannon, Aug 8, 2013.

1. HeatherandShannon

HeatherandShannon Bobtail Member

Just wanted to introduce ourselves, I am Heather and my wife's name is Shannon (sitting here helping me type) we are in our mid 20's and are both community college graduates. We currently live in Colorado and are planning to attend CDL training in February, right now we are both working and saving our money to pay for training (don't like the idea of company paid programs) and to have some savings for when we start driving (stuff happens). I currently work as a water treatment plant operator and Shannon works as a house keeper. We are both burnt out with are current jobs and would love the chance to work and be together and see the country (team driving), after all life is an adventure right? We've both lurked around on this forum for awhile now (this place is very informative) and finally decided to join. We would love to meet others in the industry and any advice/feed back would be wonderful.

PackRatTDI Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    welcome to the party

4. HeatherandShannon

Thank you for welcoming us.

5. ChemRecruiter

ChemRecruiter Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Naperville, IL
    Hi Heather! I am a recruiter for a company in the water industry, so if driving doesn't work out for you, perhaps I can help you out. :) Of course, I hope all works out the way you want it to.

HeatherandShannon Thanks this.
  6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    only advice I have right now is if you can don't do a cdl school $5k-$7k look for a community college that does truck driver training MUCH CHEAPER and most of the time better training. schools that only do cdl training are only going to train you to pass the cdl test, a community college will train you to DRIVE

7. HeatherandShannon

Lol, small world. Its not that I completely hate my job, believe me I am grateful for having it, I'm just getting burnt out. I started out in water resources and loved it but moved up to an operators position cause its better pay and I already had the state license for it. Being an operator is just a lot different than I thought, right now I feel ready to move on and try something new and as an added bonus I can do it with my partner.

8. HeatherandShannon

Will definitely check around at the local colleges, we've visited three cdl schools so far and found one that we really liked but we still have time to look at more options before we make a decision. And it never hurts to have a back up plan if one school or program won't work out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Watkins & Shepard has a terminal in Denver. They hire new CDL school graduates & teams & have tuition reimbursement.

HeatherandShannon Thanks this.
  10. HeatherandShannon

Thanks, just checked their website out. To be honest the schools we visited gave us some pamphlets from different companies but it was usual Schneider, Werner, swift, jbs,etc.

cjwatson1972 Thanks this.
  11. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Stealin' my line???? J/K!!!!! :biggrin_25522:

Welcome!

truckon and 123456 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.