Hello From JB Hunt

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Your buddies at JB, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aristotle35769

aristotle35769 Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Scottsboro, Alabama
    There are quite a few companies that will consider someone with a less than perfect background, as long as the felony isn't one of the "biggies", i.e. murder, sex-related offense, armed robbery, etc. The first company I worked for was a southeast regional flatbed company out of Savannah, Georgia called Coastal Transport. In orientation, we were told, "We are willing to consider someone with a less than perfect background as long as you are honest about it. We aren't looking for choirboys."
    Translation: "We are looking for warm bodies to fill the seats in a crappy company."
    With a felony record, it is unlikely that you will get on with a good company for a while, but you should be able to find one to consider you, unless the offense was a heinous one. If that is the case, you've got a tough road ahead of you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    Is CTL the same as Coastal Transport? And how long ago was it that you worked with them? The reason I ask is that they have contacted me about employment.

4. aristotle35769

Feb 25, 2008
    Scottsboro, Alabama
    They are both divisions of the Comcar company. CT is the flatbed division and CTL is the tanker division. I only stayed with CT for 6 months. CT was not a good fit for me. Old equipment, and lies about miles, money, and home time. Maybe the CTL division is better, but I would fear that the apple probably doesn't fall far from the tree. I'd recommend looking at some other companies before signing on with Comcar. There are better companies out there.

5. scotty

scotty Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I always belived that to give any company a second chance, that the first time things may go wrong. Yes I went back to JB Hunt with promises things would be better.
    Wrong! Things got worse and no time waisted getting out the second time. Yes I was a fool to think after hearing thousands of complaints from ex-J B hunt drivers that it would be different.
    Your just a body to them to fill the seat of a truck and their fleet is so large that they sucker drivers to lease to own, then they starve.

6. MorrisGray

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    Either one of you know anything about USF Glen Moore? I have decided to go with them. I go to orientation on Monday in Knoxville TN. They were the only dry van offer I had that would let me have a regional route as soon as my initial training period was over and training pay not too bad either. Just curious if you guys knew anything about them other than the basics. They are a division of YRC, yellow roadway & usf holland. All of their trucks are suppose to be '05up Intl eagle 9400i. ??? Good or bad?

7. ace1stdan

ace1stdan Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2008
    NJ
    I'm glad I found this discussion. I'm an o/o and have been thinking of leaving the company I'm with. A JB Hunt recruiter contacted me this week wanted me to bob tail to Columbus, OH for a 4 day orientation. They are willing to pay 50 cents a mile for fuel and $75.00 a day. Of course they promise you the world as they all do. I've never been a JB Hunt fan the thing that did catch my interest is that they do have a lot of freight. The question is will it pay??? Any JB Hunt O/O out there drop me a line a tell me how it is going for you...

8. MorrisGray

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    Can any of you tell me what all I might should take with me for training period with trainer after my orientation? Besides clothes, toothbrush-paste, deodorant, shampoo, soap, shoes, coat, sleeping bag, pillow, sheets-what size?, etc? Any suggestions welcome. I don't have a laptop but will take a book to read when I am not studying manuals or whatever.

9. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Friend of mine trucker for twenty years, just signed on with the SNI choice program. It seems like a simalar deal, .50cpm for the drive, should end up with about seven fifty for the four days he is at orientation. You pretty much get to pick your work, including backloads, so watch where you go. The worst part of it is its OTR.

10. aristotle35769

Feb 25, 2008
    Scottsboro, Alabama
    You might want to call the company and ask them to e-mail you a list of suggested items to bring along. If you are going to be driving regionally, you'll probably get back home within a week, so the basic items should suffice. If you're going to be driving nationally, you don't know when you'll get back home. Personally, I packed a seabag to capacity with everything I could think of. A personal measure of defense that I also employ is to have a credit card or some other form of financial means to provide passage home if need be. While it probably won't happen, there are a few drivers who are unlucky enough to realize that the company they have committed to is totally wrong for them, or that their trainer is wrong for them. My brother is also a truck driver, and his first company gave him a trainer who was an alcoholic. My brother left his trainer and all of the empty beer cans at a truck stop and went home. He is now happy with a new company.

11. ace1stdan

ace1stdan Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2008
    NJ

Thanks Drive55 I appreciate that info...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.