Hello from new member

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by 2SKX, Mar 11, 2018.

1. 2SKX

2SKX Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2018
    First I apologize for this question as I'm sure it's been asked before.. I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for.

I am thinking about purchasing a flat screen tv for my 2016 FL Cascadia. I'm thinking a 32" screen mounted with a side mounting bracket to the pantry cabinet at the foot of the bed.

I have a couple of things to ask... First, what tv have you all found to be the most durable tv in your rigs?

Second, I have most of my movies on an SD card. I'd like a tv that has an SD card port built in. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    SK

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I'm not a TV guy, so I can't help with the SD card recommendations but here is a solution to the mounting question (you're correct, there is a plethora of information in the search, just type Flat Screen TV mount).

My TV mounting solution

4. Landincoldfire

Landincoldfire Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    New Holland, Pa
    Samsung makes a sweet 24 inch smart TV. I'll have to check on the SD slot. But I just stream stuff to it from my phone. It has a plastic LCD panel which makes it light and less chance of getting broke.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Not sure on sd slots but usb slots should be somewhat common.

My last 2 tv's were TCL's and both have the slots. They're roku tv's. No roku stick needed. And can pause live ota channels. Fast forward and rewind. 90 minutes. But they require a thumb drive for that feature to operate.

I used to have my movies on my laptop. And using the plex media software. Could stream laptop to tv using my phone hotspot as a wifi router.

TCL's are the cheapest tv's and their quality is really good. There should be tons of ideas to watch your movies on tv by now.

6. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Roku is AWESOME. Think of a standard smart TV with maybe 20 "apps", Roku has 100's, for free, mostly with an ad supported model but you will never run out of things to watch. PlutoTV is one of them and is like a whole cable TV network itself with like 100 channels. WIFI + ROKU for the win, far as going 100% free TV beyond antenna broadcast. I can also vouch for TCL tv's, half the price, almost as good as any samsung IMO. Most of them have ROKU built right in.

snowwy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.