Hello from the Berkshires

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by HandLogger, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HandLogger

HandLogger Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2017
    The Berkshires
    At my age, it seems strange to call myself a newbie, but I'm certainly new to this forum, so I feel like I'm back at boot camp with a freshly shaven noggin.'

I'm not a trucker, per se, but I do have strong ties to the industry through my stepfather, a retired driver and CDL instructor with well over a million miles behind him, and a mother who ran the financial side of a transport operation in Dade City, FL for many years.

We presently own and manage forest land in the Berkshires, which is where my background with diesel engines and heavy equipment really comes in -- and we're presently searching for a strong semi tractor to move our equipment with, which is really what brought me here. After doing a lot of research on tractor and engine combinations, I quickly realized that the TR is a really good resource for exactly that kind of information.

I know that I'll learn a lot here...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @TripleSix can help with choosing the right truck.
    Avoid the MaxxForce engine.

HandLogger Thanks this.
  4. HandLogger

HandLogger Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2017
    The Berkshires
    Thank you, sir. I will certainly try to find TripleSix and read every word he might be willing to share with great interest. Thank you again, sir.

5. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    Depends on who will be driving it too. If it's some youngster, don't get anything too strong or certainly nothing fast.

HandLogger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.