Hello, I need answers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RonSmithJr, Nov 30, 2017.

1. RonSmithJr

RonSmithJr Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2017
    I'm a new trucker that got around 3 month of experience and lost my job over very minor problem. I can't get hired by any company because of what werner put on DAC. I'm going to Florida in about 14 days and I'm going to try and look for a job in Florida even though I feel no hope. It's an awful shame how the trucking company do. What company's around Lakeland Florida or anywhere in Florida that don't look at DAC? What about good broker to drive for? I can't lease or buy a truck, that cost too much. I gotta get a trucking job, I'm in bad shape with my credit and bills. Everybody told me werner sucks but I took it all as just people talk but that turned out to be a big mistake. I did a lot of Google search for answers but all the postSo are many years old. I don't know what they do now a days. I need help getting back on the road, I'm a safe and good driver and hard worker.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Might help if you can tell us what Werner put on your DAC and explain what happened.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Florida Beauty Express probably will hire you. They're headquartered in Miami.
    TransAm
    USA Truck
    Vero Logistics
    Carolina Cargo

NightWind and RonSmithJr Thank this.
  6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I hope it all works out for you.

RonSmithJr Thanks this.
  7. RonSmithJr

Nov 30, 2017
    My front steering tire on the right blew going down interstate in Oregon, I almost rolled it but I turned the wheel a certain way and i stopped it from rolling but I still went off to the side of the road. I was in training and the trainer said I did very good at controlling the truck and not letting it roll. I hit something in the middle of the road but me and the trainer didn't see anything, we only heard a big loud bang and the trainer said it was probably the same color as the road and that's why we didn't see it, and probably too small to see also. The tire did not blow instantly but after about 1- 2 miles it blew. We got the tire put on the same day and continued with no issues. The trainer dropped me off at the Fontana California Terminal and graduated me from training to go on as solo, they gave me my graduation certificates and my own Freightliner Cascadia 10 speed truck at the terminal I than got all drop and hooks all the way to Ohio on my own with no problems until I accidentally backed into a small VW car in best buy parking lot because I was in a tight spot, the best buy had construction around it and the lady told me to back up and go through the other way, but the way I went was through the parking lot because I didn't want to back out into the road with traffic and have someone hit me. Both the tire blowout and backing into the car was only minor damage and no injuries. The tire blow wasn't my fault and, the police man said it was not my fault, I was not fined for either issue. I am a good safe driver but I'm having trouble now getting accepted. Werner fired me, i was told companies will not hire me when another company fires me.

On my DAC is only 2 things

1. Werner wrote that I went off road, that's how werner put it but, but that makes it sound worse the way werner written it. What actually happened is the tire blow out i wrote about above.
    2. I backed into a small VW car at best buy, only minor damage, no injuries, no citation. i got no citation because it was on private property.

That is the only two things on my DAC.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Reason for edit: fixed quote
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Hmmmm. No wonder Werner is called the Big Blue Screw.

Driver, you can’t hit ANYTHING!!!!!! If you do get into another company, one or two more of this type incident will kill your career.

a-trucker123 and TST65 Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    First off, what did they put on the DAC? Details please.

You run into a common problem among newbies. They come out of school not knowing a little problem or a big problem might result in unhireability.

Do what I did a while, find a small dump truck operation and go work there a few years. They don't care about no fancy frou frou in DACs. One of my former dumps still has a life time job for me, All I have to do is show up at sunrise and don't be late. He could care less about no DAC, licensing or DOT medical for that matter.

BB203, tscottme and Just passing by Thank this.
  10. RonSmithJr

Nov 30, 2017
    According to Companys you can have only three accidents in 6 month. I'm not a nut case on the highway so I'm no threat. I don't deserve to have my career killed for life. I do deserve a trucking job and I know small accident are a big thing, but it was minor damage and I only had one accident, tire blow out is not supposed to be an accident according to everybody.

11. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Dude?!? Seriously?! Read what you wrote. Big deep wounds that just appeared out of nowhere and take months off of work to heal-but it’s ok because all truckers get them?!? This comes after 2 accidents. The second one totally 100% driver error ?!

It looks a little odd. But what do I know? I’m just a DumDriver with no deep wounds. Not trying to be a wise arse- just try looking at it from an employers point of view. Maybe you can find a different way of explaining it?

I dunno. Sounds odd like that, that’s all I’m saying.

Blackshack46, albert l and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.