Hello? Im heading to Prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by U2Exit, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    mannmk7, i was there at your little blow up... i got the same impression everyone else got... you kept beating a dead horse question about night driving, and everyone, including myself, think you are scared and dont want to do it.

The answer was simple...night driving is a fact of life in trucking...you can go days without having to... but eventually it becomes necessary... to suggest customers appointments be more day friendly is ridiculous. i have mentioned it numerous times Prime has a policy about students night driving... and even if you do drive at night, in the student phase, your instructor is sitting next to you. I also said Prime Safety will back you up if you are in a situation that you feel is dangerous... they dont know if you dont speak up. Training phase, your trainer is the boss, but not a slave master, if you feel its unsafe, try to comprimise on a rotating day driving duty, or talk to safety and have them weigh in... Ive heard of guys stopping in the middle of the night, safety wants you to if you feel tired, their trainer will be keen to comprimise if his trucks not moving/making money.

Mannmk7, when are you going to pick a company and get trained instead of making snide comments and passing on second hand information. I want to read about your experiences... or are you gonna keep riding that keyboard... you have no facts and you are so suspicious of everything online... im curious to your choice... and its not a fact if you heard it or read it from someone or some site... how are you to choose.

Honestly, from what I heard so its not fact, the best companies only hire experienced drivers with 3 to 5 years OTR experience...so good luck bashing Prime while you wait for those other guys lower their requirments in this economy... the way the economy is going who knows what youll get.

pawpaw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Prime has rules and regulations... you either cant read or arent paying attention when they are explained when you go to work there... and your dumb if you dont ask questions and then try and figure things out on your own.

ps... Im not getting paid to be positive...but if Prime wants to send some more money my way I can be doubly positive..

lot of good truckers out there will lose there jobs from failing companies, which means the others can cut there student programs and be more selective of experienced hires.

4. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    You were there? Then you read or saw nothing the way it was. Which is telling about yourself. You got the same impressions as the lackey's who run that site, the Prime pitch men, the drivers who are nothing more than recruiter's. The only one's who beat this horse to death are the goomba's who tried to make the person, myself, who asked a the question, "are there any trainers who like to drive night's", look bad. Their smart ace answer was, 'why, do you have night blindness', rather than answer the question. A question pointed at the notion that trainers use trainee's as night drivers. A question about an important issue, not my issue, but an issue in truck driving, a safety issue.

Now let me say this, the more you bring this up the more information I will bring to this site to clarify what happened. Which will not look good for your lackey site. My point is you are better off leaving it alone. Because the more you and them lackey's discuss it the more light I will shed on Prime. The more I will hunt for people who got screwed by Prime and bring it to the attention of unsuspecting people. You want support for this just go to Wil-trans tread on this website, and read about the guy who was bamboozled into going to work for them, only to be told, after he quit his job, that he would have to drive with a so called trainer, team driving for 6 mos. (Just one example).

The answer is simple. Prime hides behind driver training to get cheap team drivers to move them trucks forward. :biggrin_25526:

As for your pointless point about me picking a company. I may not pick a company. I may not get into driving if drivers are expected to get ****ed with so much crap and labor injustice as I have read. The more I read the more sicken and embarrassed I am that we still have such and system of employment like this in the 21st century. Deregulation, which means no law's for business, trucking companies, is alive and well in America. If you haven't got it yet deregulation/no laws for business, has brought this country to it knees, in the same way drivers getting into driving, are brought to their knees, seemingly on a daily basis. Of course you are not in this camp because you live in your truck, almost like those poor people living out of grocery carts, but you get paid a little. :yes2557: Is this the way people have to go to make money, solo drivers living out of their trucks, and husband and wife team drivers living and loving along the road.

As for Prime backing you, ya sure, and the next thing you know is that your getting s*** loads, or sitting for days for complaining about real problems.

I just read a post whereby a wil-trans/prime driver worked there for 13 mos. and was fired for using to much fuel. Hemmmm. You haven't been there 13 mos. yet. It will be interesting to see what happens to you after your 13 mos. there. What reason will they have to get rid of you.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Theres got to be 2 of you , no 1 person can be such a :biggrin_2553: baby over stuff thats all internet related.

I read all the stuff over at the other site and do not see how they are recruiters for PRIME , there is both POSITIVE and NEGATIVE postings and a good all around view of the company.

6. jmarshall75

jmarshall75 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2008
    bham,alabama
    Why are you here?

7. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I am here to find out what I have found out. And I continue to find out; stuff. :biggrin_25526:

Why are you here? Are you here to find out nothing? or .......... :biggrin_25517:

8. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    This is the whole problem with mannmk7, he can only think about things in trucking because he hasn't been out there. He comes here reads things and all of a sudden he is an expert.

For your information mannmk7, you are allowed to put a rebutta on any DAC report because it is regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Any time a driver gets turned down by a company due to a DAC report, that driver is entitled to a free copy and USIS even has a form for the driver to submit their side of the story. Also, per FCRA a driver can get one free copy a year besides the method listed above.

What U2exit has said is true about your posts over there. I recall several times the comments regarding night driving. And you ticked people off there by making the claim that trainers make the student drive at night. And your responses became attacks just like you are doing here.

So those of you considering Prime, you can see the kind of information U2 has given here and that is a lot of what you will get and more on the other site. So, if you would like to meet some Prime drivers who are concerned about helping each other succeed, we would be happy to PM you the location. Mannmk7 talks about drivers being directed to go to Acer 2 by other drivers. That is actually a good thing because Acer 2 allows management to review your operation as a lease operator and give you pointers on how to make more money. Now I ask you, is that a good thing for a company to do or, as mannmk7 insinuates, is it a bad thing? Not many companies will take that kind of effrort to help an operator succeed. But see, it is important for the driver to succed because that makes more money for the company. Also, unique to Prime is that the driver manager gets paid a percentage of what the operator makes. In other words, the better the loads a driver manager gets his/her drivers the more the driver makes AND the more the driver manager makes.

Is Prime for everyone? No. But if you are considering them, the drivers' site isw a good place to meet drivers and learn about the company before making the decision.

9. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I guess your starting something mr., ha. Way don't you remind us how much driving experience you got. What is it now, you've been driving 6 mos. Some how you've decided to suck up' to the Prime driver,(PD), site. You fallen for that stupid Prime driver site BS , guys that come here to this site to try and recruit drivers here, and now your doing it. The PD guys come here with there fanciful stories to lure people to come to Prime. (Maybe I'll continue this new aspect of what's going on, on this subject, at a later date).

Quite frankly I don't give a darn about all this Prime stuff as it pertains the clowns from the Prime driver site but as long as they, and now you, come at me with your petty confrontations I'm gonna jam you up too.

The more the dummies mess around with there rude confrontations the more I will work to search out more drivers who have had problems with the company. Keep this in mind when you say rude ****** **** like you said in your first paragraph.

Ya now your getting to the meat of it, in your third para. People, the admin guy and his cronies, got ticked off when I pulled the covers on drivers using trainee's to do their night driving. They deiced to try and turn it around on me. They attacked me for helping others understand another little bit of what's going on. :yes2557: Dirty tricks and deceit come in many forms.

Ya don't need years of truck driving to see through the B S. :yes2557: Apparently you do! Work on reading between the lines.

:biggrin_25526:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  10. caribu

caribu Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2007
    You tell him peepaw...Mannmk is a wannabe. Has no idea:biggrin_2551:

11. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    i believe you said some guy from wil trans/prime got fired for wasting fuel... duh! i would lose my job too. we have minnimums on our fuel milage... Fuel is the single biggest cost that a driver can control. I dont make minnimum, they will find someone who can... now if i do better than min. I am paid a bonus per mile up to 4 cents.

to the other guy blabbing on about teams and APUs. try sitting in 110 degree Arizona while a shipper or reciever takes 8 hours to load you... Oh thats right, idle the truck at a gallon per hour instead of using less than 1/5th of a gallon with your APU. trucks always moving right? also, if you need tires, you need them... when lease is over you get any money left in the tire fund and you get credit for how much tread left on the ones on the truck...

Mannmk7, see a pattern here... problems at PD. and now here... i didnt care about that here... what I do care about is you shooting off your mouth here about stuff you read and repeat... you sound like you are making it a crusade cuz your feelings got hurt and now you are the consolidater and clearance house for all things Prime negative... someone says something negative and you are "haha I knew it" and offering advice on a industry first and company second that you read about on the internet...

i invite anyone to offer up their negative experiance... i may have questions, Im fair. tell uss details... saying so and so is running the company into the ground is not telling us how they are doing it. Getting a negative paycheck? did you take any advances, did you rack up a bill at the company store for all the ammenities you really didnt have to have like the flat screen tv, did you plan on having enough money to make that truck payment before you went home?

I want details... give readers an option to say hey this guy makes a good case not to go to Prime or hey Im not convinced but this situation is something I should look out for when I go there.

Who am I? Im the guy who started this thread. Mannmk7 why dont you start one called second hand info i read on the internet...or some guy told me...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.