Hello! looking for a path️

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by DeadPedalDreams, Oct 26, 2019.

1. DeadPedalDreams

DeadPedalDreams Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2019
    Certainly not, as that wouldn't make sense, right? (you'll have to re-read friend) I was referring to what Chinatown stated regarding that the problem with car hauling is the UAW and strikes. If there are strikes on the production side, then there are less vehicles to haul in this segment of transportation, which equals less stability and less money hauling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    This is indeed interesting, thanks very much for the lead friend!

Coffey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    I don't know witch part of ny your in but if you really want long hours and not afraid to work try looking in to livestock just go to slaughterhouse or somewhere With alot of livestock trailer and start asking around.
    I just start hauling hogs semi local and I'm really liking it cause when it time to work it's time to work i run paper log so sleep when empty then haul ### to load and get empty.
    I did the math during my first week that if I was pay cpm I would of made about 1.00 a mile that week

DeadPedalDreams Thanks this.
  4. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    How do you get a endorsement if you have never driven a Class 8 vehicle , please enlighten us.
    Is it really that easy read a book and ride with a mega trainer for 6 weeks and your good to go , scary to say the least.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Coffey Thanks this.
  5. DeadPedalDreams

Oct 26, 2019
    Awesome and congrats on that: So overall (even though you've just started in this mode of transport) you'd say you do fairly well with respect to pay, no?

As in: I went to the DMV... I took the tests... I passed the tests (doubles/triples, tankers etc...), and now they are officially on my CDL A PERMIT (I do not have a license yet). Have you been enlightened friend?

6. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Yes I make a little over 1000 a weak but I'm home everyday.
    I hear long haul is where the real money is at but I gotta put in my dues first

7. Capacity

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    So you are licensed to do all this and you have never driven a truck , you didn't have to perform the actual driving maneuvers just ride with a trainer and you are qualified?
    Thought it was go get your training and then test at the DMV , driving , skid pad , backing , it surprises me that the state you live in would turn you loose on the highway with a trainer thats only there for a expanded paycheck meaning the more miles you drive the more money the trainer makes.

8. DeadPedalDreams

Oct 26, 2019
    @Coffey that's good man, I'm glad that you're on the path you want.

Are you referring to long haul on livestock?

Also, what made you chose livestock over say, tanking or flatbed?

I'm not sure what the issue is, concerning yourself... either reading comprehension (lack thereof) or a malicious drive to create unnecessary conflict... In either case, I'm very sorry but I've not the desire, nor time to go back and forth with you over what has already been stated multiple times.

When did I say I was licensed?... I LITERALLY just told you that: I have a CDL A PERMIT (I do not have a license yet).... Am I wording this incorrectly, regarding what is on my permit? Someone please mediate here @Chinatown

@Capacity since you've edited your post, I'll reply to what you misunderstood again: from your quote "Thought it was go get your training and then test at the DMV , driving , skid pad , backing , it surprises me that the state you live in would turn you loose on the highway with a trainer thats only there for a expanded paycheck meaning the more miles you drive the more money the trainer makes."

Friend... read what I've written and understand what I say: I have a CDL A PERMIT (I do not have a license yet) Furthermore, I have NOT been to a training school or program yet (i.e. I do not and have never had a trainer yet). I have not driven a truck on the road yet (i.e. nobody, my state included, has as you say, "turned me loose on the highway"). I really do not know what you're going on about.

I cannot be any clearer than the above stated.

9. Capacity

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    I am a member of the IBT , unstable not hardly.

Coffey Thanks this.
  10. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    yes mean longhaul for livestock
    I did flatbed and reefer for about 2 years before finding a chance to do livestock I really enjoyed doing flatbed but the reason I chose to go to livestock is i got fed up with receiver in reefer and always worrying about my clock in the eld.
    I always heard about how livestock did there work driving non stop to there destination.
    Being eld exempt and that the pay is good.
    Good people as it is a mostly o/o group of people and farmers and not just a bunch of mega carriers.
    One of the most told Story I hear is them driving 15 straight hours only stoping for fuel and them doing ungodly amount of miles a week.
    But I guess the biggest reason I want to Is because I want to work as much as I could if I'm not home as I could Bearly sleep with the eld telling me what to do anyway and figured I should be makeing money when I could and be at home when I'm not

11. DeadPedalDreams

Oct 26, 2019
    I'll have to research livestock then (was definitely not on my radar tbh)... However, if it makes dollars... it certainly makes sense!

Cheers brother!

Coffey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.