Hello Prime drivers, and future drivers

Discussion in 'Prime' started by ama91761, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ama91761

ama91761 Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Hemet, Ca
    This is my first week out in my own truck. I signed my lease on saturday. I will make every effort to keep everyone posted on my progress and answer any questions regarding leasing with prime. All the negative posters please create your own posts and leave this post as an informative post. Thanks everyone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    How ya ejoying it so far AMA?

4. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    ive pu from the port in galveston got bananas of course didnt have my twic card then but all they said was i couldnt get out of the truck no prob wasnt my turn to drive anyway

5. Lil Red Head

Lil Red Head Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ft. Smith, Ar
    Finally going to be on my way!!! Droped the BF that was holding me back in fact he has sent my recruter an email in my name turning the job down. I thought he had ruiend my chance with Prime but come to find out she never got the email. so finally almost 2 months of BS im now just waiting for a trainer and I can't wait!

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Wow your now ex bf sounds controlling and jealous.Good for you not leting him run your life.I know a trainer with Prime.Hes been there for a few yrs and I guess Prime is a real good company if you dont mind slow trks.But Prime has a new policy now they want the drivers to average 8 mpg.Which means around 55 mph on the hwy.Ask your recruiter about that.

Lil Red Head Thanks this.
  7. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Good to see you making progress. I have met a few female trainers in the last couple months, so you might be in luck. I would recommend you start your own thread with the female persective of getting started and going through the training. We have alot of men posting here and telling their stories, and yours would definitely be a welcome one.

McBjork and Lil Red Head Thank this.
  8. Lil Red Head

Oct 20, 2011
    Ft. Smith, Ar
    Ya he was and more! From months of being on here prime has been talked about the best. If I have to go slow then I will I am so ready and worked so hard to get here ill do what I have to to establish myself.

9. Lil Red Head

Oct 20, 2011
    Ft. Smith, Ar
    Thank you! And I definatley will as soon as I get a lap top. Typing on my phone gets annoying. Lol!

silenteagle Thanks this.
  10. initt2winit

initt2winit Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I hear they have a 5 state regional flatbed division out of Texas? Also how long are they generally home on the weekends?

11. initt2winit

initt2winit Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I hear they have a 5 state regional flatbed division out of Texas? Also how long are they generally home on the weekends?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.