Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by noodle345, Sep 7, 2018.

1. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    If you want to really see the truth about trucking go out on the road for a couple of weeks with one of your brothers. You'll see all you need to decide if it's for you or not.

NavigatorWife and noodle345 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Reno is a good location and you would be in the hiring area for CFI.
    If you can use your family address in Reno, then www.cfidrive.com would be a good choice.
    www.cfidrive.com
    CFI is proud to support female truck drivers.

One of our very own female drivers, Stephanie Klang, was named as an ATA’s America’s Road Team Captain. Stephanie surpassed an incredible milestone of driving over three million safe miles!
    Stephanie Klang has some YouTube videos about CFI.
    At CFI, we’re committed to driver satisfaction. With a competitive compensation package, great benefits and one of the most modern and best-maintained fleets in the industry, it’s no wonder our drivers tell us that the grass is not greener on the other side. It’s why they call CFI home. For us, it’s more than just talk. We mean it. Because of this, we have the best driver loyalty, and the numbers to prove it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

noodle345 Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Company-paid Tuition
    With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and board for the duration of the four-week course.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Idaho isn't in the hiring area for CFI, but Nevada is. It's a good dry van company.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    noodle345 Thanks this.
  5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    I don't even think Prime hires out of Idaho. They have the SLC terminal though, and do have some loads coming out of Idaho or delivering to Idaho.

noodle345 Thanks this.
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I hope noodle doesn't visit the other, less happy thread going on,
    "Descrimination against women". That gal pretty upset about some crummy job that excludes women. Let me say, that is NOT the norm today. Yes, you will run into some men, that refuse to change, but most places , like CFI, are totally on board. Perhaps this other gal should contact CFI.

noodle345 Thanks this.
  7. noodle345

noodle345 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Idaho
    Well now that you mention it I it, I will have to take a look! LOL

201 Thanks this.
  8. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Idaho is like Florida I guess as far as load movements, that is why they don't hire out of there, it would be hard to get them a load close enough to go home if they are company.

And yes the guy on the other thread was really uncouth with his comments, esp if he contacted her first. I have had that line before about how about the kid, who watches him, etc, when working a warehouse job in the same place I was working in on the line, but that was 42 yrs ago.

I think she is out of a bad position though if it was moving stuff.

201 and noodle345 Thank this.
  9. noodle345

noodle345 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Idaho
    I agree the comments weren't very nice. We all know that texts can come across in a tone that we don't intend them to. Not sure what to think of it really. I probably wouldn't take it too personally, would just be glad that I found out what an ### the guy was before I started working for him!

201 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  10. noodle345

noodle345 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Idaho
    Funny! It bleeps out "bad" words. Compared to some of the comments I thought ### was pretty tame.:)

11. noodle345

noodle345 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Idaho
    So can I just use the Reno address? Or do I have to get a NV driver license, prove I live there etc? My ex lives there and I take my son to visit quite a lot. Wouldn't be out of the question for me to get a small place there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.