Help Before Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by vandambaghdad, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No I don't, I am north of you in Michigan and don't know a lot about Canadian contract law.

I would start with a lawyer over there, they can read through the lease and recommend something.

vandambaghdad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I have no idea how it works in canada. In america you need "motor carrier authority" to haul freight for hire. Our government issues a motor carrier number to each trucking company. That is the MC# ...so i was saying the company that an owner operator leases on to. The motor carrier

4. xairx

xairx Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Not too bad...

5. vandambaghdad

vandambaghdad Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    Got it , its the same what i was doing I bought truck and i got line from some big fright company right?? you mean i have to find load under other big companies ? So to get load from board its not good idea for me ?

6. vandambaghdad

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    Xairx , the problem is I'm the only one supporter for my family i been sitting home last 2 months paying for everything and i cant find work to hard

7. vandambaghdad

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    I wish all the best for everyone, when it come to save my family and my business i will ask one question give me work to survive. That’s all about. God bless you all

8. vandambaghdad

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    What’s the reason all are slow

jamespmack Thanks this.
  9. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    Why dont you just sign on with another Ontario company? I guess you've been getting home a lot and not beating it up too hard with auto industry runs but as things tighten up some of that world is changing. You may not want to do alternative types of work but you took on the responsibility when times were good, now you need to change with the market.

There is no shortage of companies that would allow you to pay your way and succeed but maybe you just dont want to do the hard work?

Those Brampton reefer outfits hard running to California arent for everyone but if your back is against the wall theres money there waiting to be earned.

I dont understand this waiting 2 months for work, is this really your truck to run for who ever aand when ever you like?

As others have said with no disrespect, running your own numbers or working the boards is not a good idea for you.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Gentlemen, I've removed several posts that were criticizing the OP's grammar and spelling. That is forbidden on this forum and most of you know that.

I've also removed a couple of posts regarding racial, ethnic, or bigoted remarks. Those need to stop immediately. We have very little patience or tolerance for those kind of comments.

11. vandambaghdad

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    I applied 10 company last 2 months ask for 2500-3000 miles a week no answer they not even answer my phone call , i got 2 run from 2 different companies long hall 2 nights out home . The problem is i never did long hall before I don’t even know if i can make it , out from home I don’t know what to do . Do you advise to try it . Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.