Help Before Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by vandambaghdad, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Driverdad

Driverdad Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2015
    If your willing to do anything -
    Don't get stuck on the miles . Plan on revanue . Figure out what you need per week for your fixed costs . When you call carriers and ask for x miles your just talking to a recruiter.

Here is the advice . You need to carve out a niche to separate yourself .
    For example if you were willing to do flatbed and tarp there is a lot of steel mills in Ontario that send steel over to the midwest .
    If you get a doubles and triples endorsement you can look at UPS till December they can give you a dedicated drop and hook till Christmas, but you some time to figure it out.
    Good luck , I hope you find something.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I think op, you are chasing something that won't happen. We are slowing down in our side of the river, we have too much capacity and on your side, there are other issues that we don't deal with.

See the problem as I see it is there is no means to save your business, your expectations and needs are far beyond the average that most see. Your looking at miles when you need to look at revenue. You got into this as a high risk owner, which Is not your fault, thousands are in the same situation.

So as one who deals with distressed fleets and owners I sincerely advise you to get out of the contract, get a good job to pay the bills as soon as you can. Then learn how to run the business right so you don't get trapped into this again.

As I said. Get a lawyer to see what they can do to get out of the lease, if you can afford one, call the leasing company and ask them directly.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. flightconn

flightconn Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Even better, 1,130 US Dollars

6. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    We still don’t have full picture here. He’s been driving for 5 years but we don’t know his driving record. He doesn’t tell us how much he’s paying for insurance.

7. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    if we don't think he can read English, why are we giving him detailed advice on this thread?

i think he probably comprehends written english quite well. just a hunch.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  8. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I comprehend written spanish fairly well but i couldnt order a taco at a drivethru correctly if i had to speak it at a broker negotiation pace.

9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    We have a local pilot car driver from portugal, and his english was somewhat lacking, he was hard to understand in person when he first started, much less on the radio. lol
    A driver told him he didn't speak english worth a rip one day, he came back with I speak english better than you speak portugese. lol

vandambaghdad Thanks this.
  10. vandambaghdad

vandambaghdad Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    I read English very good , some times google translate do the rest , thank you

InTooDeep, FoolsErrand and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  11. vandambaghdad

vandambaghdad Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Windsor,On Canada
    When i start my business they give me 3000 miles a week dedicated line , i was doing good in my business work home every day and then company lost that line i sit home , the company i got work with it said we have nothing for you right now ,and this 2 months doing nothing, I applied more then 10 company within last 2 months in my area , no one give me a work , i ask the same what i was doing since i start 3000 miles a week, and some company not even answer my call . What i did wrong to not getting any job where my fault not to operate business, thanks

12. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    You may have to take an otr job or something you don't like for a while.
    Take what ever you can get to take care of your family, and pay your bills.

Opendeckin and dwells40 Thank this.
  13. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Ok I have to ask, where are you from?

Not where you live but where are you from.

Now since I asked that, I have to tell you this.

You ask what is wrong?

It is the high mileage that you need to have in order to have the business pay the bills that is the problem.

You can't expect to make that miles when many companies won't provide them for a lot of reasons, it isn't just about you.

The reason I suggest that you get out of the truck, go back to driving for someone else is exactly what you asked for, to avoid bankruptcy.

It gives you a chance to start again with more knowledge about how to do it right, meaning not to be dependent on the miles but the load revenue.

Nothing else will work from anyone's point of view on a forum.

Why?

Because we can't see or hear exactly what your situation is in a country most of us are not a part of.

vandambaghdad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs