help getting into intermodal work

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Ivan1817, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Ivan1817

Ivan1817 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2021
    Hey so I have my own authority for over a year now, and I'm looking into doing intermodal since there are a lot of rail yards in my area. I live in Chicago area and I just need help getting booking loads. What are some of the load boards you use? I'm willing to pay someone to teach me. I heard I need to subscribe with UIIA and get a scac code

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    UIIA is an electronic equipment interchange database that replaced individual interchange agreements that every carrier used to have with each individual ship line and equipment provider.

Your insurance is updated to IANA/UIIA and the providers you work for are listed there too.

SCAC [standard carrier alpha-numeric code] is obtained for a fee and is how you are known for equipment interchanges - every TIR [trailer interchange report] has the SCAC of the carrier so the interchange is covered by the insurance info provided by that SCAC to IANA/UIIA.

Every time a port owner operator leaves you need to disconnect them from your SCAC to keep your insurance from covering his new boss's freight.

If you lease your own chassis, sometimes the SCAC is used as the prefix for the chassis numbers.

CAXPT and Ivan1817 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.