Help...how to open hood?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by golfwidow, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville

Not trying to insult entirely.... But yes, buying a truck sight unseen is ignorant! That truck is your lively hood!!! Why would you buy it without properly inspecting it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hcso506

hcso506 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2009
    oklahoma
    Yep,under the steering wheel.gotta pull hard.

4. golfwidow

golfwidow Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Hudson valley, NY
    Actually, been buying used trucks sight unseen for 30 years. In fact, the buyer lives in VA, he flew to NY and drove out to Western NY with my hubby and the trucks were delivered down from Canada. How's that for convoluted? If we test drove every truck, we'd have no time for anything else.
    To clarify, both men have small trucking companies...only drive when necessary. Hubby started when he was 19, in and around the markets in NYC. He's very sharp and very experienced.
    Trucks have never been a problem. These days it's finding freight that pays well.
    And for our trouble, we're getting a free Freightliner. 10 years old, but who cares? Its paid for and runs great. :biggrin_255:

5. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

64 KW (first year of the one piece, fiberglass hood) handle was in the middle dash board on top....no way could you miss it

sorry, i dont know nuthin about no volvo

6. golfwidow

golfwidow Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Hudson valley, NY
    Thanks, we found it! Sometimes I think the hubby just likes to keep my busy looking up stuff online! (he doesn't know my secret source here, lol):biggrin_255:

7. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest

Shhhhhh don't tell him, he will think your a genious! :biggrin_2559::biggrin_25525:

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I don't think he's going to try to make a living with it other than the profit he makes reselling it .

9. golfwidow

golfwidow Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Hudson valley, NY
    No, not reselling...just making changes, from regional work to over the road. Hit hard during this recession. Lucky to have found a new niche.

10. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    look under the radio for a latch you pull out

11. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    FYI washer fluid tank is hidden in the driver's side cab, when you pop the hood, the fill is right by your feet area in the engine compartment. Itt holds alot of fluid, I hold over 4 gallons in my 2010!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.