Help...how to open hood?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by golfwidow, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfwidow

golfwidow Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Hudson valley, NY
    thanks for the extra info!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    and watch once you get the hood open, the cables that release the latches, one on each side of the hood, can stretch, so on occasion if you don't keep them tight, you can pull the hood release, and nothing happens!

4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    So they didn't even pretrip them before they left? Hope your still happy after you get them checked out.

5. dusta

dusta Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Dallas, Tx
    Pull the lever by the steering wheel, just like a car

6. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I wonder why drivers throw away the owners manual when they get in a new truck? I guess their DNA has all the truck information aready etched in their brain never thinking that they won't be the only driver in that truck! Or that trucks will never change from what they trained in!

7. golfwidow

golfwidow Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Hudson valley, NY
    Hey, thanks to everyone for their help and quick responses.
    Trucks are working out fine. As I said, they aren't ours, but hubby's friend. We each have our own small companies, but they do a lot of business together and help each other, which is how hubby ended up out in Buffalo in a storm driving truck.
    These guys are so busy, they rush thru everything, including picking up trucks. I don't think we've ever had a brand new truck...maybe one. A Western Star, and I remember the driver it was for was too fat. He literally could not get behind the wheel. How's that?
    Another quick story...about same driver, God love him, very good driver, just very big, and very tall. We had to give him a ride from our house to his house in NJ, about a 4 hour drive. He did not fit in any of your cars. Hubby rented a utility van, set up 2 folding chairs side by side in the rear, and that's how he got home. He's no longer working for us, but hope he's doing well.

8. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    There are a lot of neat tricks you can do when you know what you truck can and can not do. You know, like what RPM to climb at, or what RPM to lay your engine brake at, or I dunno, what that button does.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Don't worry about it.

We laugh, we might tease we might talk and point. Big deal. It should be on the lower left under the steering wheel. In my day we had a sort of a rubberized cable that latched on the sides behind the steer axle. Un do those, get to the front, one foot on the bumper put weight against the top of the radiator and it should come open. If you are too weak to get it this way, get behind the steer axle and lift one corner it should come up.

10. Truckergirl2014

Truckergirl2014 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    :)
    Sheer gentleman!!! A reply without sarcasm is a reply worth praise!!! Thank you trucker

11. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    next tell the girls how to flip down the sun visor so they can check their hair in the vanity mirror. we'll check back in 2024 for any zingers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.