Help me survive another year OTR

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by red70tvhs, Jun 7, 2021.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    You were and still are an ideal OTR trucker. Your history supports that. We're entering perilous times financially. You'd be virtually financially stress-free back OTR.

In my case, I'm comforted by having a wonderful Church, dedicated to Christ, that Livestreams all of their services. And a Christian radio station that broadcasts worldwide 24/7 on the internet. The guy that sits behind me in Church does the weekdays morning radio show. So I stay very connected to the Church even when I'm not there in person. Makes all the difference in the world to me. I often call in or text in a song request during his show.

God is there for us if we seek His face.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I did imagine that... spending the rest of my life there... But it's too early to know...
    I have visited Brasil many times since when I came to the US 30 yrs ago, and for the first time, I wasn't excited and happy about coming back to the US last July... Covid and other issues have brought a lot of change to life in general and international travel.
    You are right about life is "cheaper" there, depending on where one lives and how they want to live.
    Don't know about Philippines, but according to my calculations, I would need much more than what I would get from social security whenever I retire. Or would need to find another source of income in order to live with some comfort, in a safe place and get the medical care and assistance that an elderly person generally needs... I have no family whatsoever there or anywhere. Brasil is one of the worst places in the world with regard to elderly care. I am not too old yet but if I don't die, I will get there... :biggrin_25523:

4. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Just quit already McDonalds is hiring.

5. Jay Pea

Jay Pea Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2021
    If you're seriously having suicidal thoughts, please contact a mental health professional. They are probably the best people to talk to about this sort of thing and give you a plan to deal with those negative feelings. This is coming from someone who's attempted to off themselves before.

Boondock and Dockbumper Thank this.
  6. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
  7. twelve25oh9

twelve25oh9 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    He’s looking for support. This is a good place to find that, including the kind of support you just gave, advising him to seek professional help. That’s why.

Boondock Thanks this.
  8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I didn't see any suicidal talk in Mr. @red70tvhs posting... He was venting about being tired of living in the truck and far from his family and young daughter. But was going to hang in there for a little longer in order to accomplish his goal. That kind of venting is pretty normal and we all go thru that from time to time.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    Badmon Thanks this.
  9. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Thanks... I am fine... just venting a little... like @red70tvhs ...
    Hope he shows up some time to let us know how he is doing... :)

Badmon Thanks this.
  10. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Yes it is. Drivers spend a lot of time waiting.That can be frustrating.

Rocks Thanks this.
  11. red70tvhs

red70tvhs Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    I'm still Alive. Still driving. While I've been gone, I've sold my car. Made enough on it to basically eliminate our debt down to a insignificant amount. My days in this truck are numbered and they can't wind down fast enough. For those of you who enjoy this lifestyle, rock on. For me, this is by far the worst thing I've experienced in my life. If it wasn't for my daughter, I'd go back to being dirt poor in a heartbeat. There isn't even a thought process. For me, that's a preferable existence.

To put things in perspective, I've experienced some pretty terrible things in my life. Death/murder of mother. Death of almost every other close relative. Military service, growing up dirt poor and having to defend my 30 year old stihl weedeater from pill/meth/whatever kind of dope you can think of heads. Those I could deal with and accept. This truck though, it never goes away and I hate it. I hate everything to do with diesel.

Also, deff not suicidal. I'm too stubborn to die. But, if it ever came to that, rest assured I'll take some moron texting and driving out with me. Or maybe one of those idiots watching Netflix on their dash while driving...

Also, got struck by a Deer this morning. Fun times.

Rocks and Badmon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.