Help moving storage trailers?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Asphalt Anarchy, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    I'm not sure where else to ask this but TR is my second home. I'm a 5+ year Intermodal/Tanker driver. Maybe you guys can help point me towards someone that can do this. Or at least a type of company that can do it. Maybe hotshot drivers?

I need to move some trailers from my house. I have two box trailers. They look like 16' but I haven't measured them yet. Think uHaul boxes taken off the frame and sitting on blocks. I also have a 53' sitting on the ground with a shed build on one side. I need to move house and I'm thinking about loading the smaller trailers up with my junk and having it pulled on a trailer. 5-8 miles to the new house and then who ever moves the boxes can keep them.

I don't know how road worthy the boxes are but my dad put them here for storage maybe 20 years ago. I will avoid moving the 53' unless someone just really wants the thing. It has a side door and a roll door but there's a hole across two panels. Looks like it could have been a food trailer or moving trailer but it's not drop frame and never had a reefer on it. The floors are all solid and they keep things dry.

What do you guys think? Who does this kind of work and can it be done without a crane? If a crane is involved then it's cheaper to rent 2 or three PODs for a few months and leave the boxes. I'm in Oxford, Ga if anyone local is interested in quoting it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Plenty off roll-off companies and/or wrecker companies with a flatbed can the the 16 (or so) foot ones.

Shaggy and Asphalt Anarchy Thank this.
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Correct, I've relocated the small ones on my roll off dumpster truck. The adjustable rail ( stinger ) did its job. However it was only a few blocks away each time. With proper securement wouldnt be a big problem on highway, It's just un common and not fancy and takes some time.

Asphalt Anarchy Thanks this.
  6. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks for the help. I think I have a roll-off guy in mind. I was just thinking Hotshot because I see rail boxes on long trailers behind pickups on the road all the time. We'll get this done.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.