HELP! Need info on picking up from Rail UP?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by RomanSGI, Apr 3, 2020.

1. RomanSGI

RomanSGI Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Haslet, TX
    Hello everyone! I've been in the trucking industry for a long while. We have our own trucking authority. I was wondering what do I need to have rail access to UP (Union Pacific). I have a customer that ships reefers there and could get work from them. So I've done some research and it seems like I need the following:

-UIIA
    -Dray NET
    -$10,000 bond up front

Can someone help me out here? I'd appreciate it. T

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shawn19

Shawn19 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yup have call up an ask them from what i found out you need to sign up with uiia

4. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    your insurance is registered with UIIA and you select the entities you will be working with, the then approve you and you should be good to get in the gate.....

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You will want to examine that reefer trailer carefully. IF they just jam a regular 53 foot reefer into a well car and have it slam around back there on the tandems....

Or get involved iwth reefer containers. Might not be too many of those these days. You might wanna wait a while until the pacer stack trains pick up in volume again.

6. Shawn19

Shawn19 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Anyone know how you can find loads i talk to uiia they got nothing to do with getting you loads made some phone calls but all i get is dead end.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.